. .
Page 19 of 35 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Lives in Cardiff, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 25-10-2022 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 699. Received thanks 29 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    lovely avatar, does it control your keyboard.:heehee:

While i'm away from the machine everything cuts perfectly because it's computer numerically controlled. Mach3 does exactly what i tell it to do everytime i want it to, that's the trick when it's programmed.
    But heaven forbid something would fail, as it makes no difference whether you have a tacho, a button for every controllable action and a light to show everything, you wont be there to do anything about it, unless of course you sit there and watch.:confused:

The only usefull thing on the front panel is the E-STOP

Hey C'mon that is a cool avatar!! i made that just to make you smile lol..
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

Lives in Cardiff, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 25-10-2022 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 699. Received thanks 29 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    it did make me smile.

Quote Originally Posted by i2i View Post
    it did make me smile.
    As you've been such a help to me and a good sport over this subject, i thought it only fair i do something for you..:naughty:

Please see attached layout for you're information
    It took me ages to design this with you in mind. :twisted:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	i2ipanel.JPG 
Views:	225 
Size:	6.3 KB 
ID:	2618

:rofl:
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

On a more serious note i2i, do you know what sort of temperature are these SD3 drivers heatsinks supposed to sit at when not doing anything??

they do run fairly hot, you should be able to touch the heatsink. If you're worried you could put a fan in there, some boxfords have a fan as standard.

Just think you could have a temperature controlled fan with a tacho and an led that gets brighter the faster the fan goes, and a digital thermometer for each drive. It'll be like christmas at Blackpool.

PS. i prefer the e-stop at the top.

Quote Originally Posted by i2i View Post
    they do run fairly hot, you should be able to touch the heatsink. If you're worried you could put a fan in there, some boxfords have a fan as standard.

Just think you could have a temperature controlled fan with a tacho and an led that gets brighter the faster the fan goes, and a digital thermometer for each drive. It'll be like christmas at Blackpool.

PS. i prefer the e-stop at the top.
    Its funny you should say that, here is a little gadget i got to controll the speed of my dc fans related to ambient enclosure temperature... based on the input from some carefully placed sensors.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PICT0058.JPG 
Views:	268 
Size:	93.9 KB 
ID:	2619

I put the E-Stop at the bottom so you could use your hip to activate if your hands were out of action. lol:rofl:

Well i've recieved quite a lot of bits today so i will begin the sensor tomorrow but i will hold on in completing the tacho circuit in the hope that someone comes up with a closed loop design....and.....que irving lol

http://www.mycncuk.com/forums/showth...counter-thread...

dum tee dum tee dum....

Rick

Hey,Rick

Unit here for £22...thatll do nicely for my lathe sir. :dance:
    http://medw.co.uk/wiki/index.php?page=Tachometer

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeD View Post
    Hey,Rick

Unit here for £22...thatll do nicely for my lathe sir. :dance:
    http://medw.co.uk/wiki/index.php?page=Tachometer
    Now thats nice, Thank you, thats another link for the list lol

Page 19 of 35 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread Information