. .
Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
    Im fast leaning in that direction, i may just wait and buy the tachulator, its off the shelf, programmable, it comes with the sensor, and it has good reviews, I did'nt want to go down the build your own route as ive done all this PCB DIY before it drives me nuts but at least i had a go. the thing is i dont enough hours in the day as it is. Having built the circuit got the display and the sensor now comes all the tinering about, it really would have been quicker and less hastle to just buy one lol. but i really do believe in buying within the UK if possible..
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

On a side note i2i i think you may have converted one of these machines before, Do you know where i start to calibrate (if that is the term) the machine with mach EG so 10mm in mach is 10mm on the axis..
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

Lives in Cardiff, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 25-10-2022 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 699. Received thanks 29 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    It may be different for you as you've got different stepper drivers in your machine. But the jist of it is, set it to mm, set the step and direction pins for each axis and enable the axis, got to motor tuning and set the steps to 200, the velocity to 1500, and the acceleration to 50, for x y and z, making sure you save tha axis settings each time. You'll need to set the step pulse length to 5ms, and you'll only need to do that once.

Quote Originally Posted by i2i View Post
    It may be different for you as you've got different stepper drivers in your machine. But the jist of it is, set it to mm, set the step and direction pins for each axis and enable the axis, got to motor tuning and set the steps to 200, the velocity to 1500, and the acceleration to 50, for x y and z, making sure you save tha axis settings each time. You'll need to set the step pulse length to 5ms, and you'll only need to do that once.

I did all that at the begining, Sorry I made a hash of that question... What i was trying to say is, what do i need to do to make the amount of travel in say the x axis 10mm on the bed and 10mm in mach, so if i tell mach to move the x axis 10mm it moves 10mm as opposed to say 12mm for example? .... there, clear as mud lol
    Last edited by Ricardoco; 20-08-2010 at 06:01 PM.

Lives in Cardiff, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 25-10-2022 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 699. Received thanks 29 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    ok what are the steps set at in motor tuning, and what exactly do you get if you move it 10mm by mach

ok what are the steps set at in motor tuning, and what exactly do you get if you move it 10mm by mach
    LOL im not getting this am i lol Ok I thought i had to set the screw spec so mach knew how far 1 rev of the stepper would cause the bed to travel, I wanted to know how i find this information to put into mach lol, sorry im between shifts at the moment so ive had a night shift and no sleep till tonight so I can reset my body clock while im off work.

Rick

there is a way to do it automatically in mach, you enter the pitch and steps and gearing and it works it out for you, but it should be 200 steps. Try it on 200 steps, it's easy to change when you know how much it's out.

go to the settings page, and it's in the lower left corner

"set steps per unit

there is a way to do it automatically in mach, you enter the pitch and steps and gearing and it works it out for you, but it should be 200 steps. Try it on 200 steps, it's easy to change when you know how much it's out.
    Ah ok, well I will get out in the yard and uncover it as soon as I get 5 mins

i'm sure i set the last one at 200 steps in motor tuning.

Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread Information