. .
Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
  1. works for me....

The zip file is a MHT web archive, you should be able to unzip and open it in your browser locally
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thank you for that, im not sure why i couldnt get the link to work, and yes that is a very interesting page. I will still however do what i said, as i will probably do a complete strip down measure and refurb on the unit including new steppers and the such.
    but again thanks, its always easier to do a project when you know there is a font of knowlege such as the people on this forum to help out when you get stuck.

Rick

Nope,works fine here,Rick.

Cheers George I guess it may be because im on the works laptop and they are super secure and for that reason super fussy!!

Lives in Cardiff, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 25-10-2022 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 699. Received thanks 29 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    All the ones i've seen are R8.

This site has the manualon the VMC260...but its £40 :surprised:
    http://www.lathes.co.uk/manuals/

7. The Following User Says Thank You to GeorgeD For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeD View Post
    This site has the manualon the VMC260...but its £40 :surprised:
    http://www.lathes.co.uk/manuals/
    :surprised: :surprised: :surprised: George thanks for that it made me laugh, I think i will write my own, £40 is taking the P*## a bit. I often wonder just how much these people think about marketing, I bet they sell a load at that price!!!

Ok the machine arrived last night and the first thing i will say is "If you want to know how much one of these things weigh, well 4 big lads all struggled to move it, and I mean big strong lads."

More to follow!

10. Quote Originally Posted by Ricardoco View Post
    :surprised: :surprised: :surprised: George thanks for that it made me laugh, I think i will write my own, £40 is taking the P*## a bit. I often wonder just how much these people think about marketing, I bet they sell a load at that price!!!
    surely the opposite is true... its supply and demand... how many people want one? very few, therefore to make it profitable to sell it attracts a premium. Most of the manuals Tony sells are £15 - £25. He has to cover his costs, whether he buys them in or reprints them. I bet if you went to Boxford and asked to buy a manual they'd ask a lot more, assuming they'd sell it to you at all.

Quote Originally Posted by irving2008 View Post
    surely the opposite is true... its supply and demand... how many people want one? very few, therefore to make it profitable to sell it attracts a premium. Most of the manuals Tony sells are £15 - £25. He has to cover his costs, whether he buys them in or reprints them. I bet if you went to Boxford and asked to buy a manual they'd ask a lot more, assuming they'd sell it to you at all.
    Hey i take your point however that is just too much full stop, and by the same token if it had been around £20 I would have paid it in a flash, as would others I suspect, but as it is ive walked away. How much money was made from that? A product is only worth what people are willing to pay for it. Whilst I understand that costs need to be covered and profits need to be made, is it not also true that if few people are buying maybe its the price that is too high, high prices are usually dictated by how many people want the product and so are willing to pay more than the others, A very very succesfull auction site on the net is testament to that, the greater the demand, the higher the price. But at the end of the day if i want it bad enough i will pay whatever is asked, so maybe that is the reason the manual is priced at £40 its upto who ever is selling it and please dont think any insult to the seller was intended, its just too pricey for me.

Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information