. .
Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    There is no brake resistor in this circuit but i dont think it will need it... the stop time from 3500rpm to 0rpm at the motor spindle is less than 2 seconds..
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

Any light at the end of the tunnel yet?

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeD View Post
    Any light at the end of the tunnel yet?
    Oh yes All axis installed and working perfectly with mach, spindle working with mach speed control (how much fun was that lol) just installed E-Stop Circuit, and spindle start switich and contactor, now about to start on the Fwd-Rev contactor, and then on to spindle start, fwd-rev relays with mach control, at the moment it is a manual start button for the spindle start
    and direction.

Onward!!!

on a side note ive almost finished my chineese tacho as a stand in untill something better comes along lol
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

With the spindle control done, Ive decided to tackle the Limit switches... there are proximity switches present on the machine of the type below:-
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	proximity.jpg 
Views:	240 
Size:	5.7 KB 
ID:	2637

these were again connected to the old main logic board now thats gone does anybody recognise this type of switch, i know i could change them for micro switches but as they are going to be used for limit rather than Home switches i would like to utilise them if i could...So any ideas???

Label says 36vdc 200ma BN=L+, BK=OUT, BN=L-.
    Last edited by Ricardoco; 15-08-2010 at 04:37 PM.

They could be Reed switches,Rick?

6. I doubt it, a reed switch wouldnt need a 36v supply. These are active devices.

Rick, is there a magnet or something to activate them? Or are they just activated by the table?

7. OK answered my own question... they are inductive proximity switches, easy to use with your opto-isolated inputs, just need to work out which polarity they are... is there a part # on them?

Lives in Cardiff, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 25-10-2022 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 699. Received thanks 29 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    IS5003

IS-5003-ANOG

10 - 36vdc

made by ifm electronics

http://ifm.com/ifmgb/web/dsfs!IS5003.html

There is a gap in the slide to detect position

I thought you would know i2i lol , well while the site was down I managed to track down a data sheet and now these proximity switches are operational with a nice little relay board, I think they were used as home switches in the original design as they only operate at one end of each axis only, I understand this is not the best way to go as the repeatability is not good, so im going to get the drill out at sometime and drill the recesses at the other end of the axises and use them as limit switches.
    Ive still not got out and completed fitting the tacho yet, although Ive got all the bits as i had to take a break and goto work, yuk! yuk! yuk!.

Rick

Lives in Cardiff, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 25-10-2022 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 699. Received thanks 29 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    You're right they are used as home switches, and i suppose as long as the area is kept clean they would be ok for the job.

Do you have a schematic for the relay add on.

Looking at the data sheet it looks like it will drive a small relay direct, or even switch an input to ground.
    Last edited by i2i; 17-08-2010 at 04:01 PM.

Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread Information