. .
Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2432333435 LastLast
    Lives in Cardiff, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 25-10-2022 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 699. Received thanks 29 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    I had a feeling that you hadn't got the lights working as there was no news of a Kent substation failing.

I actually found an old 260 vmc front panel, in one of my bits boxes.

Switches with lights, are you drooling yet

:surprised:----:cry: erm.....:nope:or whats it like then? LOL
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by i2i View Post
    seems to be working well, it'll not be the same without the lights.
    Sorry to interupt, but what lights ?

P.S or is it some sort of joke between (You) i2i and Ricardoco...../

Lives in Cardiff, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 25-10-2022 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 699. Received thanks 29 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    i'll take a pic tomorrow and post it up

I've just looked back through this thread, and it's the same as your original front panel.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitality View Post
    Sorry to interupt, but what lights ?

P.S or is it some sort of joke between (You) i2i and Ricardoco...../
    Hi Vitality, have a read through the thread, it'll explain it better.

I'd like to know how you're holding the aluminium plate down in that video? Some sort of adhesive?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    I'd like to know how you're holding the aluminium plate down in that video? Some sort of adhesive?
    Ahh yes well spotted:naughty:, the aluminium plate has a 10mm edge profile but steps out to 18mm thick 50-100mm in from the edge, the mdf has a machined socket to accept the 8mm step and yes you are correct there is double sided sticky tape to hold it firmly in place together with a tight fit, this allows me to repeat the process without having to set things up each time.( i have several pieces of stock the same size and profile) I just slot the new material in the socket push down firmly and hit the cycle start button in mach3
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

Ok, so to begin with ive jotted an idea down in paint, there are no dimentions at the moment as i will have to base any measurements on the toolholder and the type of collets, im hoping you will all help me design this little addition with input such as bearing type tool holder type and collet type (not too expensive) the drawing is just a basic concept..

So chirp in if you have any input :idea:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spindle.jpg 
Views:	436 
Size:	86.8 KB 
ID:	4308

Rick

Ok after a few PM's :whistling:Ive taken on some suggestions to the design like the addition of oil seals in front of the taper bearings and an oil gallery possibly for pumped cooling, and the addition of R8 collet dimentions, so any more input would be very usefull IE bearing type, coolant type, tool holder size and the such...:question:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spindle.jpg 
Views:	609 
Size:	115.3 KB 
ID:	4311

Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2432333435 LastLast

Thread Information