. .
Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by irving2008 View Post
    Rick, despite having a handheld tacho, you've made me feel I am missing something if I don't have one on the minilathe now! grrrrr lol...
    Well ive stated my reasons for wanting one and to be fair MACH does have the facility, However as i said mach says spindle go at 3000rpm, but there is no way of you knowing if the motor has obeyed this command, this could be a too higher feed rate lowering the spindle rpm, i just thought it would be nice for me to be able to see if the spindle was doing as it was told and maybe in the future incorperating a feature that lowered the feed rate to keep the rpm of the spindle at its desired speed, that is why i wanted feed rate control as well....

All those circuits using a PIC are fine but you note how there's never any source code to download or firmware to burn... so watch this space...

I WILL BE WATCHING, BE ASSURED OF THAT lol
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by i2i View Post
    Rick, i thought of you today as i removed a front panel from a boxford 240 lathe, all those lovely switches never to be used again......lol

lol Well mine will look nicer!!!! all those pretty buttons, when my friends come around how complicated will that look.... (anyone can operate a pc my friends think) but this looks like rocket science to them.... lol ......
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeD View Post
    Forgot to post the email addy for that tacho,Rick...dunno if he read Enlish mind? lol

http://www.xbot.es/microplans/

Cheers George, the way i see it, even if i dont use the design it may be very usefull to other members should they wish to investigate the tacho question...thats what forums are about.. for a group of people to pool thair resources and help each other out to achieve similar goals and have a bit of a laugh and share friendships and experiences along the way.......so thats why i say "Im In!!"

Rick

4. Quote Originally Posted by Ricardoco View Post
    lol Well mine will look nicer!!!! all those pretty buttons, when my friends come around how complicated will that look.... (anyone can operate a pc my friends think) but this looks like rocket science to them.... lol ......
    A machine without flashing lights is .....

boring... lol

Lives in Cardiff, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 25-10-2022 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 699. Received thanks 29 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeD View Post
    Funny you should say that,eye2eye...so does mine

Must stop drinking my tea over it.

Yeah I need a new kebord
    i tried several new keyboards until i came across this Dell keyboard which (touch wood) has cured the missing letters completely.

Lives in Cardiff, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 25-10-2022 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 699. Received thanks 29 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    A machine without flashing lights is .....

boring... lol
    lol.....a machine with flashing lights is illumination, nothing more.:surprised:
    You see the point i'm making is, when i press cycle start and walk away i don't care how many lights are flashing, or tacho's are counting.:sad:

The machine is working, and the sweet music i hear, is metal being removed.lol

CNC does not mean "cuddle not cut":twisted:

lol that did make me laugh

....a machine with flashing lights is illumination, nothing more.:surprised:
    Hahbut...if a man with just a saw and a hammer walks on site he'd look like a cowboy....give the same man a hardhat and a toolbag and he'll look like a proffesional. :whistling:

You see the point i'm making is, when i press cycle start and walk away i don't care how many lights are flashing, or tacho's are counting. The machine is working, and the sweet music i hear, is metal being removed.lol :
    Twang!!!! squeel!!! screach!!! i2i runs back to the machine, the expensive part in the machine has a big gouge out of it....Oh no...lol.

.....Somewhere else in the world Rick notices that the spindle is not spinning as fast as it should be, a quick glance at the g-code shows mach is trying to cut too much material in the first pass, on closer examination the cutter is lower in the holder than it should be, it wouldnt have mattered much anyhow as the little enhancement passes the spindle speed back to mach and this alters the cut rate so when he walked away the expensive part would have been safe.

CNC also does not mean "computerised not controllable"

However i can see this debate and its anacronims going on for some time..
    so I just say "que sera sera"

Rick..

Hey look at my avatar. lol Just for you i2i...

Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread Information