. .
Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    i2i has kindly pointed something out to me. The Steppers & Stepper drivers are usable however i have to devise or find a way to interface the 12v drivers with the 5v parallel port, has anybody here addressed this problem? the stepper drivers are : - "PKS-DIGIPLAN SD3's" ive found some Free manuals for the drivers on the DENFORD Site which i am at this moment digesting (or trying )

2. Quote Originally Posted by Ricardoco View Post
    i2i has kindly pointed something out to me. The Steppers & Stepper drivers are usable however i have to devise or find a way to interface the 12v drivers with the 5v parallel port, has anybody here addressed this problem? the stepper drivers are : - "PKS-DIGIPLAN SD3's" ive found some Free manuals for the drivers on the DENFORD Site which i am at this moment digesting (or trying )
    That wont be hard to achieve as long as the signals are the same (e.g. Step & DIR), do you have wiring diagram?

Wellifyou intend to service it,Rick?

Just video closely what you do to remove/disassemble and then watch the video onhow you removed it to begin with....mind you you will have to play the vid backwards on assembly:heehee:

Quote Originally Posted by irving2008 View Post
    That wont be hard to achieve as long as the signals are the same (e.g. Step & DIR), do you have wiring diagram?
    I have managed to find a wiring diagram named digiplan using two BC547's and a couple of 3k3 resistors it does seem to be a very simple circuit (but then they all are if they work!) but i can see from the diagram what is going on and i must say i2i is a very help full chap.. did you have an alternative to the digiplan interface ?

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeD View Post
    Wellifyou intend to service it,Rick?

Just video closely what you do to remove/disassemble and then watch the video onhow you removed it to begin with....mind you you will have to play the vid backwards on assembly:heehee:

Hey George i will be taking lots of pictures and notes believe me :heehee:

6. Quote Originally Posted by Ricardoco View Post
    I have managed to find a wiring diagram named digiplan using two BC547's and a couple of 3k3 resistors it does seem to be a very simple circuit (but then they all are if they work!) but i can see from the diagram what is going on and i must say i2i is a very help full chap.. did you have an alternative to the digiplan interface ?
    Yes, thats what I'd guessed it would need, a simple level shifter... easy to build... I would have drawn you up one if you'd needed...

Quote Originally Posted by irving2008 View Post
    Yes, thats what I'd guessed it would need, a simple level shifter... easy to build... I would have drawn you up one if you'd needed...
    Thanks Irving its certainly nice of you to offer. I am going to get some pictures up in a moment so you can all see what i am refering to..

Rick

A look inside finds some nice goodies

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Drivers.JPG 
Views:	460 
Size:	45.1 KB 
ID:	2496The Stepper drivers (SD3)

Name:	relays.JPG 
Views:	552 
Size:	54.3 KB 
ID:	2495The Switching

Name:	lenze.JPG 
Views:	467 
Size:	36.5 KB 
ID:	2494The Speed controller

More pictures to follow (I so Love taking things apart :whistling:)

Maybe i should have uploaded this one first but here it is anyhow (missing 1 driver that im examining)

Name:	Electrics.JPG 
Views:	611 
Size:	70.2 KB 
ID:	2497

Oooo The Electrics.:surprised: :naughty:

Ok here is a look at the machine before i picked it up.

Name:	boxford.JPG 
Views:	1046 
Size:	45.6 KB 
ID:	2499
    And here is a picture of the breakout and control board. (ooooo that looks complicated)

Name:	brains.JPG 
Views:	506 
Size:	103.3 KB 
ID:	2498
    Incidently this board has a date on the back of 23/1/95 so I suspect is an upgrade or replacement but without any pictures or the original board/machine electrics I cant tell what mods have been made to this machine.

If you have any thoughts or knowledge on the subject please pipe in!
    Last edited by Ricardoco; 01-08-2010 at 11:17 PM. Reason: Couldnt stand to look at my bad spelling any longer

Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information