. .
Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
    Lives in Cardiff, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 25-10-2022 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 699. Received thanks 29 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    basically the motor has 200 steps per revolution, if the pitch of the ballscrew was 1mm and the screw was directly driven by the stepper, then one revoultion of the stepper would give you 1mm set at 200 steps. But if the pitch was 2mm then it would have to be set at 100 steps to give you 1mm movement. It gets a bit more complicated when the stepper drives the ballscrew through a toothed belt and two different sized pulleys, as in the boxford. So to get back to the 1mm movement for one revolution on a 2mm ballscrew you would have to gear the motor down by 2:1 at 200 steps.

Blimey sorry about that i dropped off to sleep there :) Ok so if i find out the pitch of the screws and the gearing of the steppers i will be ready to set this information in mach... I will get on that first thing tomorrow morning, That should be fun lol..

Rick
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

Location unknown. Last Activity: 13-01-2013 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 4.
    Morning.
    Mine is set up like this:
    Motor Tuning and setup
    X steps per = 1000
    Velocity = 1200
    Accelleration = 500
    Step pulse = 5
    Dir pulse = 0

For the Y: the same

For the Z:
    Steps per = 1000
    Velocity = 1200
    Accelleration = 500
    Step pulse = 5
    Dir pulse = 0

For the spindle:
    Steps = 200
    Velocity = 600
    Accelleration = 1000
    Step pulse = 5
    Dir pulse = 0

And in the Pulley Selection:
    Pulley 1
    Min speed = 0
    Max speed = 2000
    Ratio = 1

Hope this helps,
    Regards,
    John.

Quote Originally Posted by MHJ View Post
    Morning.
    Mine is set up like this:
    Motor Tuning and setup
    X steps per = 1000
    Velocity = 1200
    Accelleration = 500
    Step pulse = 5
    Dir pulse = 0

For the Y: the same

For the Z:
    Steps per = 1000
    Velocity = 1200
    Accelleration = 500
    Step pulse = 5
    Dir pulse = 0

For the spindle:
    Steps = 200
    Velocity = 600
    Accelleration = 1000
    Step pulse = 5
    Dir pulse = 0

And in the Pulley Selection:
    Pulley 1
    Min speed = 0
    Max speed = 2000
    Ratio = 1

Hope this helps,
    Regards,
    John.
    Thanks John, I suppose the first question for you is do you have a 260vmc? and are your ball screws and steppers standard? and if so what is the pitch of your ball screws? and what is the stepper to lead screw gearing?, Inquisition out of the way its nice to have the details you posted as i would like as much information in this thread about these machines as possible, the reason I started the thread is because so little information is available on the net About it.

Every little helps as the woman said when she ........... in the sea!!

Rick
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

Location unknown. Last Activity: 13-01-2013 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 4.
    Those are the settings for my Boxford 260 VMC. They should get you up and running.
    Ball screws and stepper motors are standard. As to your other questions, I'll dig through my archives for the information....I have of course no memory left after the Denford Easiturn3 conversion, which I finished yesterday. (Don't mention that though, because I've spotted a job list drawn up by the Domestic Engineer.) If you want the other Mach3 settings I use, just shout.
    Regards,
    John.

Lives in Cardiff, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 25-10-2022 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 699. Received thanks 29 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    Hi John, what drives are you using for the steppers and spindle (analogue voltage), and what mode for the steppers.

Quote Originally Posted by MHJ View Post
    Those are the settings for my Boxford 260 VMC. They should get you up and running.
    Ball screws and stepper motors are standard. As to your other questions, I'll dig through my archives for the information....I have of course no memory left after the Denford Easiturn3 conversion, which I finished yesterday. (Don't mention that though, because I've spotted a job list drawn up by the Domestic Engineer.) If you want the other Mach3 settings I use, just shout.
    Regards,
    John.
    Have you got a saved mill profile?

Thanks John.. :)

Rick, have you got the drives running?

Oh yes all axis duely played with!!!!

ok, so what are the steps set at in motor tuning and if you move an axis 1mm what does it actually move.

Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread Information