. .
Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Don't bother,
    Use a M04 P 2.0 command in your speed change code inside Mach after the M05 or M01 commands.
    this will stop the motor, wait two seconds then carry on with the code.

It can be hard coded into the post processor so it's there but out of mind.

Also pays to use the same command after the M03 start up to give the motor chance to spool up before any cutting takes place.
    John S -

Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    Don't bother,
    Use a M04 P 2.0 command in your speed change code inside Mach after the M05 or M01 commands.
    this will stop the motor, wait two seconds then carry on with the code.

It can be hard coded into the post processor so it's there but out of mind.

Also pays to use the same command after the M03 start up to give the motor chance to spool up before any cutting takes place.
    Ahh yes but that wont help when im not using Mach
    but thanks for the post processor hint, done and forgotten is what i like :)
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

3. Quote Originally Posted by Ricardoco View Post
    Whilst reading the Lenze 534 manual ive come across another requirement....

If a reverse motor direction is required a simple polarity change is required using one of the contactors, however the motor motion must stop before the reverse direction is activated, I will need to incorperate a timer to allow for the motor to come to a standstill before the reverse is activated, I can tune the time once I know how long that takes, I could also introduce electrodynamic braking to reduce the changeover time, I will have to investigate all that before I complete a reverse control but that will be a secondary to getting it moving in a forward direction first...

Rick
    Other than CNC controlled tapping, why would you want to change spindle direction? My mill's cutter always rotates in the same direction, there is no reversing facility as standard, probably becuase every cutter I have ever seen (and I know thats not many) cuts in the sme direction. Granted I will be able to reverse the motor from the (yet to be fitted) VFD, but I feel there is an inherent risk in being able to reverse the spindle direction without some interlock.

Quote Originally Posted by irving2008 View Post
    Other than CNC controlled tapping, why would you want to change spindle direction? My mill's cutter always rotates in the same direction, there is no reversing facility as standard, probably becuase every cutter I have ever seen (and I know thats not many) cuts in the sme direction. Granted I will be able to reverse the motor from the (yet to be fitted) VFD, but I feel there is an inherent risk in being able to reverse the spindle direction without some interlock.

As i said the reverse will be a secondary consideration, and an interlock as you state would be the safe way to go, but i Will be considering it, as it is something that the original control panel had.
    When I got the machine the computer side of things had a few problems. To be able to fire up the machine and test ALL.. the functions was what sold it to me, I liked the fact i could just get it home and start milling. Without some sort of manual control I would have been taking a real big chance with quite a lot of money im sure you will agree.. and although I suspect as you have suggested this may be a function that i will not often use, the fact that the Z axis can be tilted through 90deg means I am more likely to use that function with the head tilted.

The real fact of the matter is that I wish to retain all of the functionality of the original machine so it is something I have to consider, and may be of use to someone else, should I ever sell the machine (not likely, but still), not to mention the fact that other people reading this thread may find the reverse interlock system usefull.

Rick
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

Hi Rick
    Only just seen this and dont know if your still looking but the plastic your after is also used for scratch plates on guitars etc. Search "3 ply scratch plate"

or look here http://www.tonetechluthiersupplies.c...-products.html

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ross77 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ross77 View Post
    Hi Rick
    Only just seen this and dont know if your still looking but the plastic your after is also used for scratch plates on guitars etc. Search "3 ply scratch plate"

or look here http://www.tonetechluthiersupplies.c...-products.html
    Jackpot!!! £30 spent Ross you are a star... and im sure i will use them again as there are some good bits on there..

Thanks

Rick

Ok Im now waiting for the postman again, Ive spent the rent and purchased a few bits Ahhhhemmm well although they are not all for this project they are all things I wanted to buy and I suppose they are related and could be used for this project if required..

The List...

3 x 460mm X 300mm Three layer (black-white-black) Sheet
    Pokeys55t Keyboard Emulator/Simulator.
    20x4 LCD display module HD44780 Blue LED Backlight *UK
    CONNECTOR, 20 Way IDC Socket...Lot of 5
    CONNECTOR, 34 Way IDC Socket...Lot of 5
    34 Way IDC Right Angle latched Box Header PCB x10
    20Way IDC Straight latched Box Header Connector PCB x10
    100 x 330 Ohm 0.25w Carbon Resistors 1/4w Resistor 330R
    100 x 4k7 Ohm 0.25w Carbon Resistors 1/4w Resistor 4k7R
    Brand New 555 Astable Timer Project Kit IN UK
    RKP18Relay8 8 x Kam Ling SPDT Relay PCB for PIC® MCU
    RK L298 H-Bridge PCB for DC Motor Control with L298 IC
    RKPT40 Project Kit for PIC® Micrcontrollers Self Build
    RKP40C Compact Project Self Build Kit for PIC MCUs
    top853 USB universal programmer EPROM MCU GAL PIC
    10nF 0.01uF Ceramic Capacitors Pack of 50____cc10n
    10 x 2N3904 NPN Transistor
    Step Cone Drill Bit Hole Cutter 4-12mm 4-20mm & 4-32mm
    6 x FINDER 2 Pole CO 10A Din Mount Mini Power Relay 24VAC
    5 x Microchip PIC16F877A 16F877 + Free HOLDER
    5 x Vero style stripboard strip board 72 x 47mm 371Hole
    Slotted Opto Switch H22A1 Qty. 2 NOS
    74HC390 Integrated Circuit x 5 pieces
    DIGITAL RED LED PANEL FREQUENCY SPEED METER TACHOMETER

Phew

I so hate waiting

Grrrrrr

Just my luck all the bits not specifically for this project will turn up first...

Update as and when the stuff arrives

Rick

You're like me Rick,I like collectin stuff as well. lol

Well you got to buy when you got the money cos its hard when you aint!! its stuff i know I will use, and the missus has trouble spending resistors lol

Rick

Lives in Cardiff, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 25-10-2022 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 699. Received thanks 29 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    i was going to mention "Rapid" for the electronic bits, but i see you've already spent.

Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread Information