. .
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    PoKeys55
    looks interesting, cheers phil ill do some research

Quote Originally Posted by HiltonSteve View Post
    Jonathan - Just noticed that your after a 100A 48v motor controller, I have got a few kicking around if you want one.
    The ones I have take any voltage from 24 up to 48 and also can cope with anything up to 200A, fully programmable through 3 buttons on the front.
    Let me know if you want some more information.
    I'm definitely interested - those ratings should make it pretty indestructable! Do you have a datasheet or something for them? Is it sensored or sensorless?

Quote Originally Posted by HiltonSteve View Post
    Oh, and I am sure the price will be right!
    Hehe, I hope so - just spent £274 on linear bearings and ballscrew so I've not got much money left!

P.S. I vaguely recall you posting about these before..?

PoKeys
    That does look good, but very expensive compared to PCI parallel port card on eBay for £3.52.

Location unknown. Last Activity: 08-02-2014 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 157. Received thanks 5 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Mark, I don't know how much control the software you are using allows but one thought on conjuring up a second X home switch is to mount a single switch on the Z axis such that it 'makes' against an edge at the 'home' end of the table.

Drive the Z to the far left and you have a 'home' for the left X screw, drive the head to the right and you have a 'home' for the right screw. Not ideal for the final design perhaps but it certainly gives you some way of tracking the racking while messing around :)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    That does look good, but very expensive compared to PCI parallel port card on eBay for £3.52.
    Jonathan while it is correct that you can buy cheap PCI Parallel Port cards on Ebay they don't all work with Mach3 some don't have the option of using pins (2-9) for input or output. The PoKeys has dedicated drivers for Mach3 it even has a sub forum on the Mach3 support site.

A bit like comparing a Tata Nano against a Ferrari they both have four wheels, one is a lot more expensive which one would you prefer. ?

Phil

Just a quick question ... Any idea if it works with EMC2??
    Tim G-C

“I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.”

(attrib. Voltaire but written by Evelyn Beatrice Hall "The Friends of Voltaire" 1906)

Quote Originally Posted by Wobblybootie View Post
    Just a quick question ... Any idea if it works with EMC2??
    If you are talking about the PoKeys in theory yes as it is classed as a standard USB device.

But it would need someone to build the the driver whatever and i am not that person, the EMC2 has other options that mean the best guys do not want to bother and Boris the seller of the Pokeys doesn't have the desire either sadly as i have already asked him.

Phil

Cheers Phil, I know a EMC guru ... next time I catch him back in the UK I will ask him ... could be an interesting exercise ...
    Tim G-C

“I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.”

(attrib. Voltaire but written by Evelyn Beatrice Hall "The Friends of Voltaire" 1906)

Quote Originally Posted by Wobblybootie View Post
    Cheers Phil, I know a EMC guru ... next time I catch him back in the UK I will ask him ... could be an interesting exercise ...
    I have had a good look at EMC2, being a guru is a minimum requirement. LOL

I am on the mailing list, i think they talk Klingon, goes way over my head.

Phil

Same here ... that's why having a guru around is useful, that is if only he would stay in one country for long enough to have a conversation!!
    Tim G-C

Tata Nano against a Ferrari
    think ill go for the nano, i can afford it

iv weighed up all your posts and its all getting a bit rocket science so im going for the simple and cheap option
    iv orders a pci ribbon extender and a pci parallel port, i should be able to sneak under my graphics card with that

all that for one more input

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread Information