. .
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenson View Post
    Oh I also forgot to say, the surface of anodized aluminium is non-conductive, but the surface is easily scratched through to the conductive bulk. It is most definitely worth earthing the chassis so if any high voltage comes in contact with it, the power can sink to ground instead of the person who might be touching it. Wherever you connect the earth tag make sure it is well connected to the bulk of the material since the surface layer does not conduct.
    yea.. i sussed that one out in the end.. its kind of suprising that anodized aluminium is none conductive

I went to school in Blackburn ...
    you poor sod... i went to boarding school in shropshire (not as posh as it sounds)

will do something but a bit different
    if you can get your hands on a pump that will pull a good hard vacuum a vacuum plate full of o-rings might come in handy.
    ...we want pictures :)

Ahhh now I have found something that may be a bit good lol waiting for the RTV to set then I'll show you, all because of a great guy at Tom Parker called Brian in Preston, he knows his shit and i think I have a pretty good solution.. fingers crossed and pics to come :)

Fiction is far more plausible when wrapped around a thread of truth

Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by Fivetide View Post
    Ahhh now I have found something that may be a bit good lol waiting for the RTV to set then I'll show you, all because of a great guy at Tom Parker called Brian in Preston, he knows his shit and i think I have a pretty good solution.. fingers crossed and pics to come :)
    that might be a bit good !! depends how good you are with the dispenser.. stick a stepper motor on it :)
    how long till it sets ?
    or are you waiting double time just to make sure ?

Quote Originally Posted by blackburn mark View Post
    ...we want pictures :)
    done on my thread

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Now I need some oil filter seals lol , going to try and tap some local gaurage see if they will keep them for me :)

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Now I need some oil filter seals lol , going to try and tap some local gaurage see if they will keep them for me :)
    What do you want them for?

Could you not use a length of o-ring material?
    You can buy kits for making o-rings, which are essentially a length of round rubber in rubber/viton/whatever spec, and some glue/bonding/vulcanising stuff.
    I'm sure you can probably get lengths of square material aswell, which would be far better than oil soaked seals.

Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    What do you want them for?

Could you not use a length of o-ring material?
    You can buy kits for making o-rings, which are essentially a length of round rubber in rubber/viton/whatever spec, and some glue/bonding/vulcanising stuff.
    I'm sure you can probably get lengths of square material aswell, which would be far better than oil soaked seals.
    I bought a set of o-rings but because they are round and the rubbers fairley hard you dont get enough surface area for the vaccum, it tends to role across the rubber, my larger rubber ring is flat and compresses under the force, the o-rings dont :(

Ralph Waldo Emerson

I bought a set of o-rings but because they are round and the rubbers fairley hard you dont get enough surface area for the vaccum, it tends to role across the rubber, my larger rubber ring is flat and compresses under the force, the o-rings dont :(
    You could try neoprene?

neoprene sheet | eBay

I can send you a bit if you want to try it...
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    You could try neoprene?

neoprene sheet | eBay

I can send you a bit if you want to try it...
    What a fantasic idea ! never thought of that .. many thanks for the offer Jonathan :) but i have an old hud I didnt get around to selling with my dry suite its in the attic I'll dig it out I think its a 4mm .. not sure ..god it must be 20 years old by now lol

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Thread Information