. .
Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Mark list all your inputs and how you are using currently using them.

Phil

off the top of my head..... mach setup is saying iv 4 inputs i can use... that would have been fine if i didnt have the slaved x axis
    i need one for E-stop two for Z home one for Y home and one for Z home

i know there are other exotic ways of running switches parrallel/series etc but i woul like my "home" away from the extream edeges of my machine so i can easily keep an eye on lost steps

im assuming another port will give me another 9 inputs ???? cant remember,,,, my brain is melting :)

Not true guys? if you want compatibility out of a cheap card they say go for one using 'NetMos' driver chips onboard. I bought a second card that cost less than a tenner and it works with EMC2 fine and others have reported this chip to work well with Mach3 also. I used the details here http://wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/emcinfo.pl?NetMos to help me decide which card to buy and Linux picked it up no problem. You have to specify the address in the config file and it was this guy off Ebay i got the card i used from http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/fullspeedit.
    If the nagging gets really bad......Get a bigger shed:naughty:

Doh just realised i was replying to the previous page on this thread. Oh well
    If the nagging gets really bad......Get a bigger shed:naughty:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PCI-IEEE-1284-...item43a1c7cfa1

to late now, its orderd
    ill find out soon enough :)

i might wire up without a Z home for now and add it when i can

Lives in herne bay, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 21-11-2022 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 13. Received thanks 1 times, giving thanks to others 0 times.
    Hi Mark just read ball the thread,very interesting I use a 650kv outrunnnermotor on a mill with a 80 amp speed controller, servo tester and a 15volt psu supplly. I have run it on mach3 to cut some small bearing pockets taking a 1mm cut with a 6mm cutter Ihave not had any problems with heat build up. I have fitted a fan on top of the speed controller bolted to the main frame of the mill.

Tony

Hi Mark just read all the thread
    hahaha!!! that must have took some doing :)
    i dont have any heat trouble with the larger two motors, its the tiny 4000kv spindle thats giving the bearings im using a hard time m250cnc(phil) thinks it may help if i run them in bit by bit not alowing them to over heat or trying lighter grease, ill give those a try when i find the time

thank god somone has a rc brushless motor spindle working for them, loads of people seem to have a go at building them but iv had no reports of any useful results untill yours, are you running it 1:1 or are you on pullys and belts??

Lives in herne bay, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 21-11-2022 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 13. Received thanks 1 times, giving thanks to others 0 times.
    Hi Mark I use a Arceuro ER16 which is 1:1, the motor is actualy a 800kv have loaded a photo
    Tony
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0660.jpg 
Views:	355 
Size:	152.6 KB 
ID:	3426  

Splendid!!! 1000w (ish) ??

i might need to fit a fan to my esc, it gets to hot to touch now and again

are you not finding the 800kv a bit quick to cut aluminium?

I use good quality aluminium and spray a small amount of WD40 to lubricate.

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread Information