. .
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 4 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    If you've not yet got an extra relay, how are you connected the v3 relay?
    Are you connecting it so the spindle only works in one direction (i.e. only applying power to one side of the contactor) when active, or as a changeover so there's always power to one of the contactor coils?

If you're going for the one direction, then you need to assign the Relay output # to whatever pin you have the v3 dir terminal connected to, then set the dir pin in Motor Outputs to something that's not being used.

If you're going for the permanent live option, then you'll need to disable the spindle relays, and set Spindle dir to whatever pin you have the v3 dir terminal connected to. Then to activate the relay for testing, either tell mach to start the spindle in reverse, or tick Dir Low Active for the spindle and start it forward.

If you've not yet got an extra relay, how are you connected the v3 relay?
    Are you connecting it so the spindle only works in one direction (i.e. only applying power to one side of the contactor) when active, or as a changeover so there's always power to one of the contactor coils?
    For now, i just want it going in reverse..

If you're going for the one direction, then you need to assign the Relay output # to whatever pin you have the v3 dir terminal connected to, then set the dir pin in Motor Outputs to something that's not being used.
    the DIR on spindle V3 board is on pin 8, so i need to set the Spindle Dir pin to 8? and for the motor output it needs to be something like 14 (not being used/connected)

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 4 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by cooliced View Post
    the DIR on spindle V3 board is on pin 8, so i need to set the Spindle Dir pin to 8? and for the motor output it needs to be something like 14 (not being used/connected)
    In that case, you need to set the relay output # to pin 8, and set the Spindle Dir pin to something that's not being used.
    You need to use the spindle relay option (can't remember the proper name and I don't have Mach on this comp to check, but the top left box in the spindle settings page), to turn the spindle on/off.

You can't use the Spindle direction pin to switch the power on/off, as Mach keeps 'dir' pins at their last set state, until that axis changes direction again. I.e. if you set it so Dir goes active when forward is selected, it will remain active, until you issue a reverse command.

Hi all,

Sorry to interject but I have a question about the mechanics of the Boxford TCL 125. I am sure somebody here must be able to answer it and it would let me get on with my conversion if I did get an answer. I posted the question at http://www.mycncuk.com/forums/showth...screw-bearings

Thanks in advance for any input

Regards

Lamestllama

So an update...

Couldnt be bothered using Computer command to turn the spindle as it wasnt going as i wanted.. so i put it back on the manual switches on the front! works a treat! i have also kept the 0-10v for speed control on a pot..

Gonna tidy up a few things on the machine then its gonna be up for sale, as im in dire need of a Mill!

Stu

All wiring tidied, everything working fine.

Will post pictures later

P.s.

Now for sale in classifieds (or swap for mill/router)

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread Information