. .
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Hey i2i is that Another poor boxford with its free will (buttons) taken over by the invading PC lol (bit like the human race i suppose, (controled by the machines that are always correct or broken!!!) Nice machine though, maybe ill pick up one of those when ive finished mine..lol i will be watching this thread with interest!!

Rick
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

Thanks for the links peeps, while i work out what one i should go for, im gonna go and tidy up the wiring a bit.

Secondly, EMC2 or Mach3? ive used EMC2 before and not to bad with it, Mach3 is new to me but seems to have a lot of functionalty with the electronics out there

Lives in Cardiff, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 25-10-2022 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 699. Received thanks 29 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricardoco View Post
    Hey i2i is that Another poor boxford with its free will (buttons) taken over by the invading PC lol (bit like the human race i suppose, (controled by the machines that are always correct or broken!!!) Nice machine though, maybe ill pick up one of those when ive finished mine..lol i will be watching this thread with interest!!

Rick
    Like a virus, Mach3 has eaten it's way through the very soul of the poor boxford. Tearing and cutting it's way throught the fibres of its nervous system, ripping and shredding the controls, until all that's left is a mere shell of it's former existence. :twisted:

The king is dead...Long live the king.
    :heehee:

So just having a play after tiding up some cables, thought i would try to work out the movement on the z so i can get it precise, the fricking thing kept tripping the 24vcd supply :(

UPDATE, not sure what is happening but on the Z and X it seems to be tripping out the 24vdc supply for the steppers. now could this be because im only allowing 2amps through the gecko drives?
    Last edited by cooliced; 12-08-2010 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cooliced View Post
    EMC2 or Mach3? ive used EMC2 before and not to bad with it, Mach3 is new to me but seems to have a lot of functionalty with the electronics out there
    Hi Cooliced, well i cant speak for EMC2 but as for MACH3 I was very impressed at how good the instructions, tutorials and support were, there are so many people out there with this piece of software that when you get a problem, there are so many people willing to help its scary.

I found the GUI intuitive and easy to navigate, and the ability to interface with outside hardware using the plugings opens many doors indeed.. But all this means nothing untill I try EMC2 so for the moment that is just my opinion.

Rick
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

Dont get me wrong i like Mach3, just cant seem to tweak as much as i would like at the mo, im sure that will come in time

Like anything else, im sure mach has the ability to be tweeked as much as you like its just finding someone who has done it first so you can ask them how!! lol

so true,

Anyway, im rattling my brain on why these x-z axis is cutting out the DC supply. Now i have changed the resistor value to give 4Amps throught the gecko's but still happens. but only seems to happen when the motor gets some resistance..

Im at a loss

Stu

p.s Rick, nice avatar

Hey stu, do you know what amperage the steppers are drawing or should be drawing?

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information