not a clue what there supposed to be drawing but i will check what they are

Ok so i checked the Amps from the PSU to the Gecko on both the X and Z

X Axis
    0.091A at idol
    0.265A Stepper turning

Z Axis
    0.139 at Idol
    0.704 Stepper Turning

Ok so today, i looked at the wiring of the parallel cable to make sure it was fine and yes every seems ok.

Checked wiring to make sure nothing was shorting out, again everything looks fine.

at a loss now lol :(

Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    get the missus to do it.

:rofl: Ive done this so many times. :whistling:
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by cooliced View Post
    Ok so today, i looked at the wiring of the parallel cable to make sure it was fine and yes every seems ok.

Checked wiring to make sure nothing was shorting out, again everything looks fine.

at a loss now lol :(
    This morning i was installing my new breakout board into my boxford and all sorts of od things were happening, turned out ide not connected the GND pin on the board with the driver GND, so its easy to miss stuff....
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

Yeah ive been over everything, i even put the DC supply on its own socket and still there tripping it.

I have now got the motors tunes very well, so happy about that :D just sick of it tripping all the time lol

If somethin is tripping a power supply the likely case its a short somewhere? have you looked at the PCB's and associated components for wear&tear and don't rule out dry joints? disconnect the motors and attach a meter to the 24v line and do whatever you do to get the the motors started? see if it still trips with motos disconnected.

Not what you want to hear but if you have been over currenting the Gecko you may has blown a mosfet or two.

To be honest I'm not a big fan of Gecko's, I know some people like them but they have given me nothing but trouble on machines that once the driver has been replaced by a decent one, they have run perfectly.

I used to run a big mill on them and they would blow a drive just on switching on in a morning, I spoke to Marriss and he said it was my motors even though I'd changed them and if I plugged another drive in that wasn't as powerful it didn't blow that.
    Over a period of time it cost me 10 or 12 drivers.

I ran out of Gecko's and swapped to ARC's large 7.8 amp drive about 4 years ago and no problems since.

What really pissed me off though was about a year ago Marriss was reminiscing on the zone and his statement was :-

" Meanwhile the original G201 was a nasty bear that took over 4 years to subdue; anyone still remember early G201s blowing up for no reason at all on power-up? "

And all the while I was having problems I was told it was my machine.

John S -

Why is that orange wire going from the Z driver to a different location on the BOB, than the other orange wire on the Y Driver?

Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    Not what you want to hear but if you have been over currenting the Gecko you may has blown a mosfet or two.
    I was actually thinking this over breakfast this morning... Time to start testing i suppose.

George, the orange wires are the step wires to the BOB,

X = Step pin 1, COM pin COM, DIR pin 3
    X = Step pin 6, COM pin COM, DIR pin 7

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information