. .
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Ok got the 12v sorted, the gnd/step/dir sorted, v-out sorted...

im stuck on the last three bits, NO/C/NC ports,,,,, what are these for and what would i wire to them?

Please help

Stu

Lives in Cardiff, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 25-10-2022 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 699. Received thanks 29 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    That's the output of the relay, if you're using it, the "NO" is the normally open connection, the "C" is the common and the "NC" is the normally closed connection. What that means is the relay will make a connection from the common to the normally open when the relay is energised, and when the relay is not energised the common is connected to the normally closed

Lives in Cardiff, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 25-10-2022 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 699. Received thanks 29 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    I've used this for controlling the spindle go relay.

So if i get this right. i should be wiring the NO and C to the contactor where the old Controller (spindle Fwd/Spindle Rev) was wired into?

Basically yes, the relay on the v3 switches the contactor on.

So i cannot get this bloody spindle moving with the spindle v3 board

i have included a pic of the contactor and the wiring diagram that i have...

im stuck where to put the NC/C/NO wires

Anybody help

Stu

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0303.jpg 
Views:	315 
Size:	65.8 KB 
ID:	3836

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	125 TCL Interconnections.pdf 
Views:	232 
Size:	75.8 KB 
ID:	3837

im loosing my mind over this, anybody help please lol

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    You're not going to get fwd/rev and speed control from that board alone, unless the gemini has other wiring options, or you rely on the gemini not turning the spindle when fed with 0V.

To get a single speed, you need to use the NO contacts to supply 240V (I think looking at the diagrams, but double check that's the power the contactor needs) to the fwd coil on the contactor.
    To get fwd/rev, connect 240V to the C terminal, then fwd to NO and rev to NC, but then one part of the contactor is always going to be active, unless you use another method to cut the power to C terminal.

I'm sure you'll of already figured out where the 0-10V bit goes...

For now i think i will be happy with fwd motion lol

I have a vari pot for the 0-10vdc for the gemini and a massive stop button for the spindle (i.e. stopping the 240V at C)

Ive tried searching for info on the contactor but coming up with nothing :S

Ill have another go tonight

Thanks

remember you've got a slant bed lathe and the turning should be done in reverse, you could mount the toolholder below the stock and turn forward, but the saddle will not have the support it needs.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread Information