. .
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    So,

I managed to pick the TCL 125 from a mate, who didnt have the time for it.

Its retro fitted (to an extent) with two gecko drrives for the X-Z axis, 24v DC Power supply, C1G parallel board from CNC4PC.

and the spindle drive doesnt work lol

here are some pics of the current setup.

Today i was just playing around with Mach3, to get the Z and X working ok.

Few problems tho:

The motors are getting really hot, as in like hot to touch? possibly too much voltage running through them?

Secondly, i couldnt get the movement of the z or x to be as precise as i would like, 1mm on Mach3 was like 0.05mm or something.

Thirdly, I really wanna get this spindle motor working but i think the gemini board is broken, so im looking for a (not exspensive) option for this

Lives in Cardiff, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 25-10-2022 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 699. Received thanks 29 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    have the two caps C1 and C2 phyiscally burst on the gemini board, if so replace them with a modern equivalent. 0.1uf 400v.

Ah sweet, everything with the spindle seems to be wired up correctly, but when i push the buttons on the black switching thing, nothing happens, also its not reading any voltage across A+ or A-.

The Geckos don't look to have any resistors across the last two terminals, in which case they will be feeding 7 amps into the motors.
    read the legend on the case for values.

Have you got a close up of the orange terminal strip on the Gemini board?

John S -

im gonna put in the resistors tomorrow, not sure what one to use yet.

I have a full wiring diagram of the whole original setup i uploaded

Stu

p.s. i can get a close up
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 125 TCL Interconnections.pdf  

p.s. the only one on the GEC Gemini board i dont have wired up is, pin 2 that goes to Analog Out on the microprocessor

Looks like 9 connects to 3 to bypass the guard switches ?

Try feeding pin 2 from a 9v battery with the other end going to pins 7/8/10 to give it a signal.

can someone else check these terminals as well ?
    John S -

Lives in Cardiff, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 25-10-2022 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 699. Received thanks 29 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    To start the spindle you have to hold the fwd or rev button down for a few seconds, first you will hear the contactor close and after about a second the spindle will start. You then remove your finger from the button to set the speed.

i2i, Is that on the manual button board on the front, if so, yeah thats not connected at all, just there for decor lol

Ive got 18k resistors on the Gecko drives now and it seems to be keeping the temp of the steppers now, might go to 32k for 3Amps, see how it goes.

im just about to try the 9v battery thing that was suggested for the spindle. fingers crossed

Stu

Quote Originally Posted by cooliced View Post
    i2i, Is that on the manual button board on the front, if so, yeah thats not connected at all, just there for decor lol
    ok, you'll need to energise each contactor for fwd or rev and the connections are on the side of the contactor. Normally the left conection is fwd and the right rev, and then you'll need to feed the gemini with an isolated 0-10v supply.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information