. .
Page 16 of 82 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
    They look very similar to these (which I'm planning to buy): Aliexpress.com Ball Nut Housing.

If anything I'd say they are lower profile than the one you've drawn up. The bottom bolt holes are in slightly different places but I'd be surprised if that was critical.

Looks like that's for a RM1605 ballnut, but your mounting holes for the nut don't match? The RM1605 holes are on 45 degree spacing and they're 5.5mm diameter holes so you'll struggle to get M6 through them!
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Looks like that's for a RM1605 ballnut, but your mounting holes for the nut don't match? The RM1605 holes are on 45 degree spacing and they're 5.5mm diameter holes so you'll struggle to get M6 through them!
    And this is why I always insist the measurements on the drawings are taken from actual parts rather than Spec sheets taken from the Net.!!
    So easy to assume they will be like the drawings only for something completely different to turn up.!! . . . .Thou in this case I reckon it's an Err has most ballnuts of this size use 45 Deg spacing & M5 bolts.?

Funnily enough I've taken home one of each item to measure with the vernier calipers ;)
    Neil...

Build log...here

Quote Originally Posted by Wobblycogs View Post
    They look very similar to these (which I'm planning to buy): Aliexpress.com Ball Nut Housing.

If anything I'd say they are lower profile than the one you've drawn up. The bottom bolt holes are in slightly different places but I'd be surprised if that was critical.
    I've asked for a price for 4 off (I can't see anything apart from a 3 off listing) so will see what they, well the 1610 ones, come back with as they look exactly what I'm after!

Just received some spiral flute taps from China so once I've welded up the frame (should have all the parts cut by the end of today as I did all the 50x50x4 box this morning and just have the 50x25 bed supports and bracing angles to cut at lunch!) and got some Ali cut for the gantry I can start drilling and tapping to my hearts content
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Spiral Flute M4-6-8 taps.JPG 
Views:	334 
Size:	396.2 KB 
ID:	10386
    Edit.....yep all steel for the router frame (not support frame) is now cut. Welding starts tomorrow
    Last edited by njhussey; 08-10-2013 at 01:46 PM.
    Neil...

Build log...here

Managed to spend 1/2hr in the works at lunch tacking the frame up, well most of the time was spent clearing the bench and putting it back after anyhooo....result is below:

Name:	Rev2_Frame_tacking.JPG 
Views:	398 
Size:	395.8 KB 
ID:	10395
    Tomorrow I'll add in the rest of the cross members and if I've got time (I doubt it in the 1/2hr I have available) the braces
    Last edited by njhussey; 09-10-2013 at 01:47 PM.
    Neil...

Build log...here

Todays tacking up....

Name:	Bed braces.JPG 
Views:	373 
Size:	147.8 KB 
ID:	10402
    When putting the first angle brace on an upright I found out that in my haste to cut them I set the angle to 40° not 45°
    I would really like a couple of hours in one stint to go at it, I could then get it all tacked up and squared up ready for welding properly.
    Last edited by njhussey; 10-10-2013 at 02:04 PM.
    Neil...

Build log...here

That's looking really nice so far Neil. Not bad for a couple of 30min lunch breaks!

Slightly off topic, but I found a video that I thought you might like. A neat way of cutting FR4 or CF without the nasty hazardous dust : CNC Fräsen GFK Ruderhörner - YouTube (make sure you watch the last 30 secs for neat bit of automation).

Si.

I've ordered these other ballnut housing and in total I bought 4 for about £26~
    just purchase but don't pay and then say you want 4 or however many.

I've been welding my frame up and now that I have gas it's going pretty well! though i wish i had as much space as you do!

Quote Originally Posted by firetrappe View Post
    That's looking really nice so far Neil. Not bad for a couple of 30min lunch breaks!

Slightly off topic, but I found a video that I thought you might like. A neat way of cutting FR4 or CF without the nasty hazardous dust : CNC Fräsen GFK Ruderhörner - YouTube (make sure you watch the last 30 secs for neat bit of automation).

Si.
    Cheers Si, happy with it so far just need to press on next week and get it finished.

I'll have a problem cutting CF like that as my router is vertical and for the first little while will have a wood spoil board until I can afford an aluminium one. Then I'll be able to use coolant :)
    Neil...

Build log...here

Page 16 of 82 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Thread Information