. .
Page 42 of 82 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by EddyCurrent View Post
    Looks good software on their website, can't wait to get stuck into that aluminium plate eh !
    Yeah its good software, we just got the Mill package that goes with it so should be able to draw parts and then mill them on the router or the next project which is CNCing the mill...

No I can't wait to get stuck in. Taking my time making sure it can be put together etc...
    Neil...

Build log...here

I found that it could only be designed and drawn up to point, the rest was sorted out as it happened.
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

Quote Originally Posted by EddyCurrent View Post
    I found that it could only be designed and drawn up to point, the rest was sorted out as it happened.
    I think that's what's going to happen here. The major holes etc will be drawn and then the fine adjustments and fitting will be done ad hoc.

Hope to get it all machined up by mid next week in between the other bits of work I have to do.
    Neil...

Build log...here

Been working on the Z axis today, not done it all by any means as work keeps flipping geting in the way...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Z_AXIS_FRONT_PLATE.jpg 
Views:	315 
Size:	280.1 KB 
ID:	14480

Name:	Z_AXIS_BACK_PLATE.jpg 
Views:	300 
Size:	289.0 KB 
ID:	14481

Not drawn the plates that the Y axis Carriages attach to yet (simple so won't take long) ot the Z axis Stepper plate which is going to have a pocket for the stepper milled into it with slots so the belt can be tensioned. The Z carriages and rails are just blocks drawn to the correct dimensions but with no detail, couldn't be bothered and couldn't see the parts in the online library to download but not looked too hard!
    Neil...

Build log...here

Put some material back on that front plate it will help with resonance. You only need to remove what you need to remove for the screw to clear.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Put some material back on that front plate it will help with resonance. You only need to remove what you need to remove for the screw to clear.
    Cheers Dean, I'll alter that tomorrow.

Quick question. I was going to use the DIY spindle that I've made but seeing as I'm not paying ill probably get a water cooled spindle and VFD, now is it worth getting the 2kw or 3kw one and which VFD (without going overboard on cost that is!) to get and any recommendations where to get them?
    Neil...

Build log...here

Keep in mind this info is a bit over a year out of date but I got a 2.2kW water cooled spindle and VFD from Chai for £216 ex VAT. There were places that were a little cheaper but as I was getting other parts from Chai it made sense to get them all together. I also found a load of suppliers on ebay that I wouldn't touch with a barge pole, YMMV, worth a google pre-purchase though.

Front plate re-drawn with smaller pocket in it...

Name:	Z_AXIS_FRONT_PLATE.jpg 
Views:	308 
Size:	279.0 KB 
ID:	14484
    Neil...

Build log...here

Dean, you did realise that the front plate is a 40mm thick plate? The pocket is 20.6mm deep so 19.4mm still remains in the middle.

Anyhow....managed to get another few minutes on the CAD....put together the assembly and surprisingly it all fits together!

Name:	Z_AXIS_ASSEMBLY.jpg 
Views:	269 
Size:	297.4 KB 
ID:	14485
    Neil...

Build log...here

One last pic before home time.....the Z axis on the gantry....

Name:	Y_AXIS_ASSEMBLY.jpg 
Views:	312 
Size:	349.0 KB 
ID:	14486
    Neil...

Build log...here

Page 42 of 82 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread Information