Page 51 of 82 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
  1. #501
    No probs and cheers Lee....

    I'm just reading up on safety strategys so I can see how many relay connections I need etc. Struggling to get my head round it, think I need to lock myself away from all distractions to get my head round it

    OK another question, I presume the proxy switches to get are PNP NC ones (sods law as I have a good selection of used and new NPN NO ones that somehow didn't get left behind at my previous job!!)
    Neil...

    Build log...here

  2. If you haven't purchased your cable yet you might look at IGUS. They are a bit more but the difference in ease of flex and movement makes wiring up and setting up cable trays and runs so much easier. That is just my experience in helping a few folks rebuild older machines. I am seriously tempted to redo mine do to how much it makes getting a good clean cable run done. I don't own stock nor get a discount or anything just very happy with the product.

    Michael
    CAD software Shark Pro v10, Also Aspire v9.0
    CAM Software Aspire v9.0, CamBam v1 beta12
    CNC Machine: http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/3661-...Second-machine
    3D printers: 2 x Prusa MK2S soon to be 2.5's and 1 x mini Delta (180 x 180)
    Work with Solid Surfaces, Acrylics, Woods, Foamboard, PLA, ASA, PMMA
    Work Computer: Lenovo D20, K4000, Tesla C2070, 64GB RAM

    www.marino-customs.com

  3. #503
    Quote Originally Posted by m.marino View Post
    If you haven't purchased your cable yet you might look at IGUS. They are a bit more but the difference in ease of flex and movement makes wiring up and setting up cable trays and runs so much easier. That is just my experience in helping a few folks rebuild older machines. I am seriously tempted to redo mine do to how much it makes getting a good clean cable run done. I don't own stock nor get a discount or anything just very happy with the product.

    Michael
    Hi Michael, I've already got the cable ta (which does seem quite flexible, but I've nothing to compare it with!) but if I have any problems with the cable runs I'll give IGUS a look cheers.
    Last edited by njhussey; 13-03-2015 at 08:43 AM.
    Neil...

    Build log...here

  4. #504
    OK so once again work got in the way of progress.....however I managed to get an hour on it this afternoon just. I've made a "rough" X Axis stepper support plate and put it on the frame. Don't worry there will be plenty more bolts holding it on than are currently there!! One thing I've found is that my frame is not as square as I'd like, comes of rushing it to get it done before I lost the workshop at my old firm.

    I've also added a couple of skate bearing idlers, these are temporary until I make proper shiney aluminium brackets as they're quite bendy! The plate will also eventually be either replaced or tidied up to make it look nicer as it looks really rough and ready and spoils the look of the build. However for the purpose of getting the mechanical build finished it'll do temporarily.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	X_AXIS_BELT_1.jpg 
Views:	274 
Size:	331.5 KB 
ID:	14863

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	X_AXIS_BELT_2.jpg 
Views:	240 
Size:	367.1 KB 
ID:	14864
    Last edited by njhussey; 13-03-2015 at 05:51 PM.
    Neil...

    Build log...here

  5. #505
    Been thinking about where to put the router and will be putting it an 80 angle mounted in a frame. As it's in a work environment I'll be building a frame that can be sheeted and have interlocked doors on it......something along the lines of the below:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CNC Router FRAME.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	347.2 KB 
ID:	14891

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CNC Router FRAME-1.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	381.4 KB 
ID:	14892

    This will have the added bonus of stopping the chips being flung everywhere, there will be a bin under the router to collect the swarf which will be slid out the front to empty it. I'll mount the router on the frame using epoxy putty pads where it's going to be bolted so the bolting doesn't induce any twisting in the router frame.
    Last edited by njhussey; 16-03-2015 at 04:36 PM.
    Neil...

    Build log...here

  6. #506
    Have you thought about mounting it the other way so the X screws would be hanging down with the gantry horizontal.
    It just seems to me quite high to reach and all the chip will fall on to the bottom screw. It is not going to need a big box to hold the chips. ..Clive

  7. #507
    Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    Have you thought about mounting it the other way so the X screws would be hanging down with the gantry horizontal.
    It just seems to me quite high to reach and all the chip will fall on to the bottom screw. It is not going to need a big box to hold the chips. ..Clive
    Yeah that's how I was originally going to have it but I thought with space now not being an issue I could have it round the other way which means that it's easier to load the work (top of bed is 1.75m, eye height, from floor, bottom is 1m from floor), not so much bending. I'll put a deflector on the bottom beam (and top) to deflect the chips away from the rail and ballscrew.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CNC Router RAIL CHIP GUARD.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	470.1 KB 
ID:	14893
    Last edited by njhussey; 16-03-2015 at 06:18 PM.
    Neil...

    Build log...here

  8. #508
    Ok so I got my spindle mount today....



    20 mins later...



    Just need to drill and tap the front plate this afternoon. Spindle should be delivered tomorrow or Thursday...

    Had my cable markers delivered, should have enough here for a few control panels! Got 0 to 9 and E, N, L, X, Y & Z.

    Last edited by njhussey; 17-03-2015 at 01:15 PM.
    Neil...

    Build log...here

  9. #509
    Quote Originally Posted by njhussey View Post
    Yeah that's how I was originally going to have it but I thought with space now not being an issue I could have it round the other way which means that it's easier to load the work (top of bed is 1.75m, eye height, from floor, bottom is 1m from floor), not so much bending. I'll put a deflector on the bottom beam (and top) to deflect the chips away from the rail and ballscrew.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CNC Router RAIL CHIP GUARD.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	470.1 KB 
ID:	14893
    Neil you'll need much more deflection than that.!! . . . . I had my old machine vertical in both positions and the other way is much better for access and chip clearing.

    The way you have it will need much more protection for the screws, both lower and upper. Just remember chips go up then back down again so they will settel on the top rail and screw.

    I'd also urge you to cover the Z axis, to be honest I do this on all my machines now as it keeps a lot of crap out the works, but it's Esp important on vertical machine either way up as the dust settles either on the backside or onto rails etc.

    Which way is best.? . . . .Well let me just say my new machine is going on wall when get chance and it will be other way to what you have.!!

    Where did you get those markers.?

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:


  11. #510
    Where did you get those markers.?
    According the name on the real you should be able to get them http://www.edmundson-electrical.co.uk/

Page 51 of 82 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Does anyone want to build me a cnc router?
    By totally useless in forum Open Source Designs & Plans
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 05-05-2014, 12:44 AM
  2. My new, and first build....comments greatfully received
    By berk in forum Gantry/Router Machines & Building
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-01-2014, 03:15 PM
  3. BUILD LOG: CNC Router New Build
    By PilotTom in forum DIY Router Build Logs
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 25-05-2013, 03:49 PM
  4. BUILD LOG: A3 Router Build
    By GTJim in forum DIY Router Build Logs
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 17-02-2012, 12:53 PM
  5. CNC construction TUNISIA give your comments
    By ali hedi in forum Gantry/Router Machines & Building
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-07-2011, 11:58 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •