. .
Page 55 of 82 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
    You may hate electronics, but they and the rest of the machine is looking very nice. G.

Quote Originally Posted by njhussey View Post
    Ok so I'm drawing up my wiring diagrams, ill start with the power to the PSU'S and 230V driver. I've got on and off push buttons I think that the off button needs to go in the safety part of the circuit as it needs to kill the power to the drives through the relay?
    I use Mains ON/OFF Isolator for Switching power to the Control box and then have ON/OFF switch on the 24V side for Local isolation when using machine but without turning mains ON/OFF for when changing tools etc or when making a Cuppa etc but not finished using machine. This way I'm not switching Mains voltage and it add's extra level of safety when changing tools etc so machine can't accidently be moved or spindle turned on as there is no power for the Master relay.

I have all Mains going thru a Contactors with 24V coil and then these go thru the Pilz relay contacts. While they will handle Mains voltage your better using them to control contactors.

Edit: I presume your going to use the drives Fault signal as part of the E-stop to stop machine if motor stalls.?
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 24-03-2015 at 05:12 PM.

The door interlock will switch off all mains power to the control cabinet, if I need to turn off power other than this the plug socket has a trip/reset switch.

Yes drives fault will be part of the e-stop circuit....just trying to work out how to implement it all through a Pilz relay (and now contactors, any suggestions as to a good contactor to use?) and into the CSMIO IP/M.

My thoughts (so far!!) is that any E-stop (1 on control panel and 1 on machine), limit switch, AM882 + Kinco fault, (VFD fault, not sure if the Huanyang Inverter has this yet, but presume so, as not read the manual), stop button on control panel kills all power to the 70V PSU (and so the AM882 drives) & 230V Kinco Nema 34 driver. Need to work out how to shut down the spindle, presume by sending Mach3 a signal which then tells the VFD to stop the spindle?

I'll put a switch on the cabinet front panel to isolate the 24V supply only, do you remove 24V power from everything or just the Pilz relay?
    Neil...

Build log...here

I don't include Limits in E-stop Circuit any more as they are not really an Emergency situation but rather a positional error. Instead I have them Halt the control/software and Disable the drives using Enable.

Regards Stopping the VFD then if your talking as part of E-stop Circuit then I use Timer Relay along with an E-stop signal using relay contact.
    E-stop signal tells VFD to Stop spindle and then few seconds later when comes to stop Timer relay removes power.! . . .BUT . . . In all honesty for a DIY enviroment then just stopping the VFD spinning is enough.

Never rely on Mach3 or any software to shut anything down that can hurt you. Do it your self with relays etc then just send software a signal to let know you have shut it down. In your case IP-M will shut it down for you by disabeling the outputs when E-stop occurs but again don't trust it and put another defence in place and then still send Mach3 signal.

Yes I only Remove 24V to Master relay or in your case Pilz.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

Just been playing setting out the position of everything (well except the contactor and Pilz relay which are on their way to me....had a little play running a few neutral wires to see how it was and also a screened cable trial piece. Going to be a bit tight getting through the trunking slits but it'll be fine.

Neil...

Build log...here

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 10 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Neil Don't forget all your screens to motors etc should go to a star ground point to help stopping ground loops.

I was wondering about that, doesn't the backplate act as that as all the earth's (and motor screens and driver screens, but only JB din rail end end) connect to the din rail which is bolted to the backplate?
    Last edited by njhussey; 25-03-2015 at 07:18 PM.
    Neil...

Build log...here

I was wondering about that, doesn't the backplate act as that as all the earth's (and motor screens and driver screens, but only JB din rail end end) connect to the din rail which is bolted to the backplate?
    Technicly I don't think it should matter as the whole rail becomes a Ground Bus bar but I must admit I do take all my earths back to One block of Din terminals just for sake of it and to eliminate any chance of Ground loops.

In that case I'll not use the earth core (will cut it flush with the shield) of the shielded cable but do as you showed (can't remember the thread) and fold back the shield at the din rail end and solder to some earth wire shrink wrap it to the cable outer and take that to a block at one end.

Tonight's task is to work out how a bloody Pilz PNOZ X3 works!!
    Neil...

Build log...here

Tonight's task is to work out how a bloody Pilz PNOZ X3 works!!
    One thing with X3 is that A1 A2 which are often the DC Coil terminals are infact the AC coil terminals and B1 B2 are the DC terminals.!! . . . . This caught me out a few weeks ago.!!. . . Presumption is the mother of all F@~k up's as they say just like not RTFM. . .Lol

Page 55 of 82 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Thread Information