. .
Page 64 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast
    Well after earthing the frame, taking off the additional Oh Shit!! switch, taking out the driver alarm safety circuit it was still tripping out....so I swapped the Pilz for a standard relay and just wired the E-stops to this....seemed to sort it so I'm presuming that either the Pilz is faulty or my wiring circuit to it was crap....

Now trying to get the driver alarms into the E-stop safety circuit....and failing so far, but it's early days....

Did I say before that I hate electrical stuff.......
    Neil...

Build log...here

Question.....

On the Leadshing AM882 alarm output it's not completely going to closed connection....reading the manual I need a 2k resistor greater than 0.125W??

Can someone who's electrickery minded please explain it to someone stupid what I need?

The diagram (real rough sketch...sorry!!) of what I've been playing with (need to alter so I'm putting the 0V through the E-stops really) today below....

Neil...

Build log...here

Well after a false start (I used the info from the sticky thread on the 2.2kW spindles to wire the spindle connector) wiring the spindle I got it going. My plug had the pin numbers very feintly on it which I ignored....until it kept tripping the socket....then I looked and saw I'd wired one pin to the earth....so a bit of re-wiring and off it spun.....so that's another tick in the box...still don't like electrics ;)
    Neil...

Build log...here

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 11 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by njhussey View Post
    Well after a false start (I used the info from the sticky thread on the 2.2kW spindles to wire the spindle connector) wiring the spindle I got it going. My plug had the pin numbers very feintly on it which I ignored....until it kept tripping the socket....then I looked and saw I'd wired one pin to the earth....so a bit of re-wiring and off it spun.....so that's another tick in the box...still don't like electrics ;)
    Are you going to control the spindle speed through Mach or with a pot?
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Thinking of doing it through Mach Clive.
    Neil...

Build log...here

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 11 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by njhussey View Post
    Thinking of doing it through Mach Clive.
    Well if you do want to fit a pot on the vfd it can be done for about £2 :- post one http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/7388-...ighlight=speed
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Cheers Clive, I might fit one and then have it as an optional overide, I fancy using Mach to control the speed through the IP-M's 0-10V output...
    Neil...

Build log...here

Set up the Spindle on Friday....manual only at the moment...

https://youtu.be/EBhi_Tt6478

Just putting the limit and home switches on the machine now.....going to wire them direct to the IP-M I think rather than daisy chaining them through a relay....can always add that later...

Last edited by njhussey; 13-07-2015 at 05:01 PM. Reason: Sorted Video
    Neil...

Build log...here

Ordered energy chain (plus ends!!), 100mm cable tray, small cutting bits, 4" rotary table, chuck & tailstock (4th axis), Full ER20 collet set, a few small 1mm and 2mm endmills and a few V carving/engraving bits and some other odds and sods....more fixing and wiring of the limit and home switches tomorrow morning...
    Neil...

Build log...here

Energy chain is here, will look at mounting that now it's here, don't trust dimensions off a data sheet....

Neil...

Build log...here

Page 64 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast

Thread Information