. .
Page 76 of 82 FirstFirst ... 26667475767778 ... LastLast
    Great stuff Neil - bet that felt like a big milestone reached.

Will be nice to see how it runs in its new configuration.

Chris

You and me both Clive. Will be interesting when I fire t up again tomorrow. Need to make some rubber bump stops asap to park the gantry at the bottom safely...think I have some polyurethane rod somewhere.
    Neil...

Build log...here

Quote Originally Posted by Washout View Post
    Great stuff Neil - bet that felt like a big milestone reached.

Will be nice to see how it runs in its new configuration.

Chris
    Cheers Chris, it's a relief and will spur me on to get it finished now.....till something else pops up.
    Neil...

Build log...here

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 21 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by njhussey View Post
    You and me both Clive. Will be interesting when I fire t up again tomorrow. Need to make some rubber bump stops asap to park the gantry at the bottom safely...think I have some polyurethane rod somewhere.
    How about those round rubber door stops with a hole in the middle? https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ru...HcJvCbMQsAQITg
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    How about those round rubber door stops with a hole in the middle? https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ru...HcJvCbMQsAQITg
    Good idea Clive.....the stops have to be about 60mm (will measure later) and I think will have to be rectangular....more research needed I think!
    Neil...

Build log...here

Control box & VFD on the wall....

now working on the electrics.... got the correct tool out....

Last edited by njhussey; 26-07-2016 at 11:22 AM.
    Neil...

Build log...here

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 21 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Neil Do you think you will need another bracket to bolt the frame to the wall at the top, shimmed as to not twist the frame Hope you are only using he hammer to tap the connections into place
    ..Clive

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    Neil Do you think you will need another bracket to bolt the frame to the wall at the top, shimmed as to not twist the frame Hope you are only using he hammer to tap the connections into place
    There are 2 additional bolts half way up bolting the frame to the wall...shimmed with custom cut bits of pipe 😁 the base is shimmed and bolted at all 4 corners so I'm hoping it's still all square....will tell when I first go to cut later today...

Hammer was, as you suggested, to tap in the wires...who needs screwdrivers?
    Neil...

Build log...here

Neil...

Build log...here

Don't seem to be able to see any chips though . Just thinking aloud how about a brake operated with a solenoid that operates when you lose power. It could be on a counter weight steel cable over the top (on a pulley) and then brake the cable.
    ..Clive

Page 76 of 82 FirstFirst ... 26667475767778 ... LastLast

Thread Information