. .
Page 81 of 82 FirstFirst ... 317179808182 LastLast
    My calc is giving me 24,000rpm, 4000mm/min feed with hard plywood and 6mm 2 flute carbide tool, max depth slotting of 4.5mm

Obviously I don't know what you'd use on a CNC (yet) but if you were routing by hand with a 6mm bit you'd use the fastest router speed (24,000 rpm usually) and take 4mm deep cuts max. Feed can be anything fastest enough to prevent the bit from burning the timber. By hand and with a jig I'd guess I'd be doing about 2.5m/min but it's mostly done by ear. If you can use a 1/2" straight bit you can go much much faster they are nearly indestructible in wood.

Cheers guys, ill reduce the depth and up the speed, Graham I managed to snap a 1/2" bit 😁

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
    Neil...

Build log...here

Ok so old teeny 200 lph water pump with head of 0.45m wasn't man enough anymore so splashed out a whole £15 inc next day delivery for a 1400lpm pump with 2m head.

Just made a acetal adaptor 18mm down to 8mm...

Then a couple of acetal joiners as the pipe was now too short for the new tank...

New 4 gallon cold water storage tank with lid and Bob's your Uncle....new bigger cooling system 😁

Comparison of old pump and new pump....

Neil...

Build log...here

5. The Following User Says Thank You to njhussey For This Useful Post:

Put a cyclone in before the CamVac (just because I had it rather than need it) and its brilliant!! Takes out about 95% (guess) of all crap, fine dust as well....

Cutting plastic so you get a good belt from the static when you go to empty it 😁

Neil...

Build log...here

7. The Following User Says Thank You to njhussey For This Useful Post:

Chips in the cyclone currently being generated from these I'm cutting out of 18mm sheet Acetal at work...

Neil...

Build log...here

Bits in the cyclone...

Bits in the CamVac, was a new bag...the stringy bits you can see were already there 😁

Neil...

Build log...here

10. The Following User Says Thank You to njhussey For This Useful Post:

Hi neil

Thanks for the post on my log - I placed the order for the bits soon after posting the video!. Also great idea to use a cold water tank for the spindle cooling system. I found when I was running in my spindle for about 3 hours that the water in my 10 litre bucket was tepid at the end of the period.

regards

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyC38 View Post
    Hi neil

Thanks for the post on my log - I placed the order for the bits soon after posting the video!. Also great idea to use a cold water tank for the spindle cooling system. I found when I was running in my spindle for about 3 hours that the water in my 10 litre bucket was tepid at the end of the period.

regards

Mike
    Hi Mike,

No problems, glad it was useful! I've been really impressed with how efficient it is. If you cut plastic don't forget to earth the bin!

I was finding my 5 litre water tub got pretty warm after a couple of hours cutting and had one of the 4 gallon cold water tanks left over from putting in a chemical blacking line at work so decided to use that and upgrade the pump whilst I was at it.

Neil...

Build log...here

13. Quote Originally Posted by njhussey View Post
    Put a cyclone in before the CamVac (just because I had it rather than need it) and its brilliant!! Takes out about 95% (guess) of all crap, fine dust as well....

Cutting plastic so you get a good belt from the static when you go to empty it

How do you find the noise on the Camvac?

Page 81 of 82 FirstFirst ... 317179808182 LastLast

Thread Information