. .
Page 82 of 82 FirstFirst ... 3272808182
    Pardon???!!! 😁 its quite noisy, I'm going to put it outside when we build a store, it gets loud after running for a while.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
    Neil...

Build log...here

2. Quote Originally Posted by njhussey View Post
    Pardon???!!! its quite noisy, I'm going to put it outside when we build a store, it gets loud after running for a while.

That's what I thought. A quiet, powerful vacuum that can filter fine dust would be a fine invention!

You can get a silencer for it, think of people who grow things in houses where they don't want others to hear.....😉

Neil...

Build log...here

Quote Originally Posted by njhussey View Post
    Pardon???!!! 😁 its quite noisy, I'm going to put it outside when we build a store, it gets loud after running for a while.

Finally got round to putting the CamVac outside. Work are building a storage/outbuilding and its now out there...much quieter now!

Also putting in an extraction system to take smoke away from lathe (still got to plumb them in) and milling machine, also plumbing it into the router cabinet to take away balsa dust etc. that the dust shoe misses.

Neil...

Build log...here

Hello all, sorry not been on here for ages (years it seems!!) My CNC Router has been working away successfully for a long time now making RC plane parts and plastic parts for work...still not finished and the jobs that needed finishing off before still need finishing off. As Dean (Jazz) said you have to do them at the time else you'll never do them!

Been busy with work and recently replaced the Warco GH1322 lathe we bought a few years ago with an XYZ 1630 CNC lathe so been having fun with that. Only had it 2 (working) days so just getting used to programming it. An XYZ 500 LR VMC is the next purchase this year to replace our Warco GH Major round column mill.

Neil...

Build log...here

6. The Following User Says Thank You to njhussey For This Useful Post:

Lives in Leeds, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 30-12-2022 Has been a member for 5-6 years. Has a total post count of 116. Received thanks 16 times, giving thanks to others 21 times.
    Do you mind me asking where in the Uk you are as I fly/build big gliders too. I'm up from the North, Lancashire. Spent many hours out out on the moors flying into the sunset out over Belmont way. Certainly would be a great contact to know you as there isn't many who share the same interests that I know!

Quote Originally Posted by RobC View Post
    Do you mind me asking where in the Uk you are as I fly/build big gliders too. I'm up from the North, Lancashire. Spent many hours out out on the moors flying into the sunset out over Belmont way. Certainly would be a great contact to know you as there isn't many who share the same interests that I know!
    Hi RobC
    There are quite a few of us on this forum who build and fly RC models and gliders. I'm one of them too! Here's my build and a picture of wing ribs I have cut on my machine

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180510_174835_cncwing_halfsize.jpg 
Views:	337 
Size:	273.2 KB 
ID:	24315

Regards
    Mike

Hi all.....been a while as work has been keeping me rather busy. Now we're in lockdown I thought I'd pop back on to see what's happening here!

I no longer work at Howdon, so don't have the use of the router, therefore I will at some stage be making another CNC router but this one will be a real lightweight affair to use in the house just to cut balsa and 3mm ply!!

Hope you're all keeping safe and well
    Neil...

Build log...here

Page 82 of 82 FirstFirst ... 3272808182

Thread Information