. .
Page 59 of 82 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast
  1. What size box are you using there. I am being dense today and can't find it in the thread earlier (I know it is most likely there but just being thick today) Nice set up by the way and may borrow some of your design set up with the rebuild I am in the process of (If you don't mind).

Michael

PS yes when the hammer looks like a solution that is bothering me; it is time to go for a walk or have a cuppa in the house and not touch anything that can break.
    Software SolidWorks 2024, Onshape, Aspire v9.5, Blender
    CNC Machine: http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/3661-...Second-machine
    3D printers both FDM/FFD and MSLA resin
    CSWA &CSWA-AM certified
    www.marino-customs.com

I might not have put the size here Michael so it's probably not you. It's 600 x 600 x 300, feel free to copy anything as most of my inspiration has come from seeing others builds, it's only what I think is a good layout for the control cabinet as I've tried to keep all power items to the left with noisy ones (power supply) to the bottom right as far away from the drives as possible as suggested by Dean.
    Neil...

Build log...here

Quote Originally Posted by njhussey View Post
    it's only what I think is a good layout for the control cabinet as I've tried to keep all power items to the left with noisy ones (power supply) to the bottom right as far away from the drives as possible as suggested by Dean.
    Wow don't blame me.!!. . .

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Wow don't blame me.!!. . .
    No blame.........but will be sending a few your way for all the help and pointers you've given me (I'll be picking your brains again soon I'm sure...)
    Neil...

Build log...here

Today I was checking the wiring and powering up the relay to make sure that it bought the power on and that the door safety switch worked etc. and on measuring the voltage found that our single phase power supply is 242V which I think will mean that my PSU (25V+25V) will be putting out too high a voltage, or at least be too near the 80V limit of the AM882s for comfort....will dig out my calculations and have a look tomorrow :(
    Neil...

Build log...here

Today I was checking the wiring and powering up the relay to make sure that it bought the power on and that the door safety switch worked etc. and on measuring the voltage found that our single phase power supply is 242V which I think will mean that my PSU (25V+25V) will be putting out too high a voltage, or at least be too near the 80V limit of the AM882s for comfort....will dig out my calculations and have a look tomorrow :(
    Neil chances are your mains power will most likely fluctuate up and down depending on time of day and demand around. My varies wildly upto 257v.!! . . . The drives will handle some over voltage without damage if just a slightly up but obviously not good running all the time above Max.!

It's down to 236V today, powered it up and geting a nice 71V at the drives. The drives drain it down to next to nothing in about 20 seconds (not timed but it's a short time) I'll still at a later date put a 240V relay in and put a resistor across it to drain it quicker in case someone goes in the panel within that time.

Now on to the various safety circuits....time for some head spinning!!
    Neil...

Build log...here

I'll still at a later date put a 240V relay in and put a resistor across it to drain it quicker in case someone goes in the panel within that time.
    Yes I would do this anyway neil because if your not isolating the drives enable signal then the motors will remain powered until caps drained and this will cause them to run on slightly before fully drained.

The door isolator turns off all power so it's just for drainging the caps in case someone puts their hand on something.....although I've got hot glue over the soldered terminals on the caps so you shouldn't be able to shock yourself...
    Last edited by njhussey; 08-04-2015 at 04:08 PM.
    Neil...

Build log...here

The door isolator turns off all power so it's just for drainging the caps in case someone puts their hand on something.....although I've got hot glue over the soldered terminals on the caps so you shouldn't be able to shoch yourself...
    Ok understand that side but still same applies has when you E-stop the machine will run on.!

Page 59 of 82 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast

Thread Information