. .
Page 58 of 82 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    That looks better but be aware that you are wiring switches in series which contery to popular belief does work with Prox switches but just be aware that reaction time drops the more you have but it's not a problem with only 4 switches.
    Dean, what would be the best way to do it then? I'm going to have 2 proxys on each axis (maybe not the Z but I've not worked out where/how to put them it yet) as I want them tucked away (the Y axis ones are going to be in the enclosed gantry and the X axis ones are going to be mounted on the machine sensing the ballnut housing)

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme View Post
    OK I see what you are trying to do. Probably not what the manufacturer intended, but as all you are really interested in is the sensors switching off it should work fine.
    Still a little unclear in my mind as to why you are taking the output from the sensors through the relay to you CSMIO. When the same signal is used to turn the relay on/off. Why not take the sensor output directly to the CSMIO ? could you please explain.
    Graeme, I want to rely on hardware to control the driver enable and just inform the software that there's been a positional error and not rely soley on the software to get the signal and then inform the driver of the error.
    Neil...

Build log...here

Pic of proxy data sheet showing they can be wired in series...

Neil...

Build log...here

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 19 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Neil Would you mind putting a link up to the data sheet. Thanks Clive

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    Neil Would you mind putting a link up to the data sheet. Thanks Clive
    http://uk.farnell.com/webapp/wcs/sto...&storeId=10151

The one I photographed was out of the box...
    Neil...

Build log...here

Started on some wiring of the power circuit....

Those cable markers are a right bugger to get on, that's what's taking most time...
    Last edited by njhussey; 01-04-2015 at 05:01 PM.
    Neil...

Build log...here

6. The Following User Says Thank You to njhussey For This Useful Post:

Looking good!

The CS Labs controller was such a pleasure to work with I have to say :) so well laid out. Definitely a good choice on that one.

The whole build is coming together nicely look forward to seeing it move soon!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to fvfdrums For This Useful Post:

Cheers Francis...I'm doing the connections between the drivers and the IP-M tomorrow and then I'll start on the safety side of things...cant wait for it to move either it's been about 5 years in the making!!
    Neil...

Build log...here

Quote Originally Posted by njhussey View Post
    Dean, what would be the best way to do it then?
    That way is fine Neil I was more pointing out the side affects of wiring in series before some one chimed in that you can't wire prox switches in series.

One thing I meant to ask is that your not planning on sharing Home and Limit switches are you.? Because if so then it won't work.!

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 19 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Started on some wiring of the power circuit....
    I see you have the right tool at the ready. .Clive

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    I see you have the right tool at the ready. .Clive
    My mate locked away all my hammers after my last keyboard smashing hissy Fit.! .

Page 58 of 82 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast

Thread Information