. .
Page 79 of 82 FirstFirst ... 29697778798081 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Davek0974 View Post
    Hi Neil, sounding really good, BUT, please please please do not cut MDF or exotic woods without a good amount of extraction and/or a damn good breathing mask ( I am only assuming you don't wear a mask of course )

My reason for butting in here is that my father died a few years back following a long painful lung condition brought on by his love of making things out of MDF and exotic woodturning in the shed. He did have the dust extract that had bags on it but he still came out sometimes looking like a snowman!

Wood dust is nasty stuff.

It made me change my views on carefree metalwork as well, I spent a lot on serious extract for the plasma table, i've stopped powder-coating now, I have stopped turning cast iron on the lathe due to the dust and so on, it focuses the mind a bit.....

Dave
    Hi Dave, I wear one of those twin filter painting breathing masks as I know MDF dust is very nasty stuff (I'm sure balsa dust is equally nasty)....look a knob but saves the lungs! I'm building an enclosure round the machine and there will be an extraction system (6" tube and for the enclosure which will also be for the lathe, welder and milling machines which will vent outside. The dust shoe will be connected to a vacuum cleaner (Nifilsk 30T vacuum) via a DIY cyclone dustbin.....
    Neil...

Build log...here

Excellent, I use one of those masks when doing a lot of grinding or finishing etc, keeps the black snot under control :)

Got fed up with the end cross supports....cut through one and dims between beams didnt change....will use external bolted braces....just gained some extra length on my machine 😁

Neil...

Build log...here

Had a good purchase from eBay last week, a Camvac for under 1/3 its retail price. Its like new and works well.

Made a rough dust shoe out of 12mm ply and a bit of draught excluder. Just got to test it works ok before working out how to fix it on so there's access to change the bits and do the probing...

Any ideas anyone on how best to do this? I'm leaning towards neodinium magnets holding one side on...

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by njhussey; 05-09-2016 at 01:35 PM.
    Neil...

Build log...here

Put the home switches on X, Y and Z, wired back to the CSMIO IPM and set up in Mach3...all working as should but still need to put "targets" for them on the machine....

Neil...

Build log...here

Ok so I've dome the homing switches and all work. Quick vid showing this.

Seems to work ok.....however I've had to reverse the Z axis to get it to home and now its all to cock....if I try to do a tool zero with my touch plate then it goes up instead of down....just looking at the settings in Mach3 to see what I need to reverse/do but if one of you experts could point me in the right direction id be eternally grateful

Last edited by njhussey; 26-09-2016 at 05:32 PM.
    Neil...

Build log...here

Home Neg in Homing Limits screen.....

Last edited by njhussey; 26-09-2016 at 05:33 PM.
    Neil...

Build log...here

Quote Originally Posted by njhussey View Post
    Home Neg in Homing Limits screen.....

Neil I take it that when the z moves down it is going -ve the homing switch at the top so it will home upwards +ve
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    Neil I take it that when the z moves down it is going -ve the homing switch at the top so it will home upwards +ve
    You're correct Clive, knew there had to be a setting but wasn't sure till I read the manual.

Set my park position too for changing bits and also for parking the gantry at the end of the day....slowly getting there with it.

Limits next, then enclosure, counter weight, proper dust shoe, LED lights...the list goes on!!

Neil...

Build log...here

Neil are you sorted.?

Either Home neg are use the Reverse option but will depend on how axis is setup. one of them combo will sort you.

Page 79 of 82 FirstFirst ... 29697778798081 ... LastLast

Thread Information