. .
Page 31 of 82 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast
    Some numpty in the (presumably) Chinese factory has jammed the drill arbour shaft so tight in the spindle that no amount of smacking 7 bells of s**t out of the drawbar is getting it out. I've been hitting the nut so hard that I now can't get a 19mm spanner on it....getting seriously p****d off with it now.....
    Neil...

Build log...here

Quote Originally Posted by njhussey View Post
    Some numpty in the (presumably) Chinese factory has jammed the drill arbour shaft so tight in the spindle that no amount of smacking 7 bells of s**t out of the drawbar is getting it out. I've been hitting the nut so hard that I now can't get a 19mm spanner on it....getting seriously p****d off with it now.....
    You should be able to lower the quill and knock a drift through the slot in the spindle to release it?
    Last edited by Jonathan; 03-06-2014 at 04:03 PM.
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jonathan For This Useful Post:

Hi Neil
    Just checked Ken's machine and the DRO reads same as the dials,so you would put half the required amount you want to remove, there will probably be an option in the set up menu, I would imagine the "Y" axis should read the same as the dial reading. It's upto personal preference really, when working you can skim your OD Mike it and set your dial to suit, then use the DRO to put your cut on.
    Tailstock/ remove the spindle and give it a coat of looking @ i think there should be a hole doing through into the tapered section, support the face of the spindle on your vice jaws and get a shaft down the hole and give it some welly.
    Mike

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mekanik For This Useful Post:

Thanks guys...

Got it out but the top is looking a bit worse for wear! Just installed the ER32 collet and put a 5.5mm 2 flute end mill in and made some (rough)chips...still got to set up the coolant system, put the wide coolant tray in and then it'll be all systems go!

Sent from my Galaxy S5
    Last edited by njhussey; 03-06-2014 at 05:14 PM.
    Neil...

Build log...here

Just bought some more resin....got to clean off the existing resin on the rails (it's now gone harder...but not hard enough). Will be starting to get the build going again as I've now got access to a lathe and milling machine!
    Neil...

Build log...here

Good luck getting the old resin off, how you planning on tackling it? I think a hot air gun would probably work but it'd definitely be an outside job.

Hi Neil
    As mentioned hot air gun probably the best option, if you start @ one end and break the bond, then soften a further section and try and get a scraper under it then hopefully you might be able to peel it off @ in one go.
    Good luck and wear an organic vapor mask and some thick welding gloves.
    Mike

2 months ago it was peeling off in one piece as it was still soft.....it's now almost hard so might have to try a few things!!
    Neil...

Build log...here

Put the new 125mm milling vice on the mill on Friday and set it square, quite pleased with the first attempt...

Last edited by njhussey; 16-06-2014 at 03:30 PM.
    Neil...

Build log...here

Tried getting the epoxy off.....and it came off really easily! Pleasantly surprised to say the least.

Neil...

Build log...here

Page 31 of 82 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast

Thread Information