. .
Page 54 of 82 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
    Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 11 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by njhussey View Post
    How about soldering the 1 wire from the caps directly to 3 smaller wires and connecting them to din terminals.

Then connecting from there to MCB's before going to the drivers?

You don't need mcb's just fuses if you want (I personally don't bother) but that sort of arrangement is better. You could do the same thing with a decent choc block or the fuse block that that you indicated before. That would in my eyes be a decent solution. At the end of the day it is up to you. ..Clive

How about soldering the 1 wire from the caps directly to 3 smaller wires and connecting them to din terminals.

Then connecting from there to MCB's before going to the drivers?
    Yep that's how I do it.!
    Look at bottom din rail and on Far Left you'll see MCB's for toroidal Transformers, 24v psu, VFD along with Din terminal banks for Mains voltage.
    On Far Right you'll see Din Fuse terminals for Drives and 0v & 24V bank of Din terminals.
    Terminals in middle are for I/O to the machine, ie Limits etc.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0545.jpg 
Views:	395 
Size:	639.3 KB 
ID:	14931

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 11 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Neil I have been thinking about it and Dean is quite correct I had forgot you will be using this in a works environment and needs to be done correct. If you had a fire the insurance might not pay out if it was not done ok.
    So fit MCB's etc .. Clive

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Clive S For This Useful Post:

Re-done the connections...

Neil...

Build log...here

Neil You have passed the test very nice

Cheers Clive, except that I put a N label on the live terminal!!!!!
    Neil...

Build log...here

Cheers Clive, except that I put a N label on the live terminal!!!!!
    Ok then two points deducted.

Full marks though for it working, it's giving a nice steady 72V. It is taking a while for the capacitors to discharge but then there's no real load across them...

How can I safely discharge the capacitors with no load on them.......just to point out I've no resistor to drain it.....yet!!
    Last edited by njhussey; 24-03-2015 at 12:50 PM.
    Neil...

Build log...here

Ok so I'm drawing up my wiring diagrams, ill start with the power to the PSU'S and 230V driver. I've got on and off push buttons I think that the off button needs to go in the safety part of the circuit as it needs to kill the power to the drives through the relay?

I blinking hate electronics!!!
    Last edited by njhussey; 24-03-2015 at 03:20 PM.
    Neil...

Build log...here

For the wiring of the drivers to the din rail terminals and the motors to the din rail terminals is the below ok to do i.e. connect the screen to the earth core and just terminate it at the din rail terminals? Obviously both ends will have shrink wrap on them :) Oh and this is just a test piece.....no way near long enough!!!

Last edited by njhussey; 24-03-2015 at 04:43 PM.
    Neil...

Build log...here

Page 54 of 82 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Thread Information