Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
That looks better but be aware that you are wiring switches in series which contery to popular belief does work with Prox switches but just be aware that reaction time drops the more you have but it's not a problem with only 4 switches.
Dean, what would be the best way to do it then? I'm going to have 2 proxys on each axis (maybe not the Z but I've not worked out where/how to put them it yet) as I want them tucked away (the Y axis ones are going to be in the enclosed gantry and the X axis ones are going to be mounted on the machine sensing the ballnut housing)

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme View Post
OK I see what you are trying to do. Probably not what the manufacturer intended, but as all you are really interested in is the sensors switching off it should work fine.
Still a little unclear in my mind as to why you are taking the output from the sensors through the relay to you CSMIO. When the same signal is used to turn the relay on/off. Why not take the sensor output directly to the CSMIO ? could you please explain.
Graeme, I want to rely on hardware to control the driver enable and just inform the software that there's been a positional error and not rely soley on the software to get the signal and then inform the driver of the error.