. .
Page 77 of 82 FirstFirst ... 27677576777879 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    Don't seem to be able to see any chips though . Just thinking aloud how about a brake operated with a solenoid that operates when you lose power. It could be on a counter weight steel cable over the top (on a pulley) and then brake the cable.
    I didn't want to make and chips...we have a VIP coming to work tomorrow so wanted to keep the floor clean

I have thought about a counterweight...still might give it a bit more thought but for now I think it's going to be rubber parking stops. Will look into (or just ask Dean) a macro to park the gantry when I'm done using it.
    Neil...

Build log...here

Awsome work!
    I'm also thinking about going vertical with my router (thanks to Dean :) )

What do you guys think about parking the gantry up top and securing it with a clamp/bracket? Would suit my space much better ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Nr1madman View Post
    Awsome work!
    I'm also thinking about going vertical with my router (thanks to Dean :) )

What do you guys think about parking the gantry up top and securing it with a clamp/bracket? Would suit my space much better ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by njhussey View Post
    I have thought about a counterweight...still might give it a bit more thought but for now I think it's going to be rubber parking stops. Will look into (or just ask Dean) a macro to park the gantry when I'm done using it.
    This will answer both of you.

My orginal vertical machine I used to park at the bottom which was the best place to park for me but could park anywhere I liked as it didn't fall down due to light gantry. Since then I've aquired different machine with gantry using the same design has neil's which is much heavier and like neil slowly creeps down when power off.
    So the solution was counter balance and now can park where ever I like. It also takes lot of the strain off the motors while working meaning I can tune motors a little more aggresive if I like.

Don't ask me to show the counter balance because it's rougher than rough(Which sure Clive will confirm) and like every thing I do just for my self it's thrown together to get it working ASAP. To give an idea consists of bit of old timing belt and tractor weight.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    My orginal vertical machine I used to park at the bottom which was the best place to park for me but could park anywhere I liked as it didn't fall down due to light gantry. Since then I've aquired different machine with gantry using the same design has neil's which is much heavier and like neil slowly creeps down when power off.
    So the solution was counter balance and now can park where ever I like. It also takes lot of the strain off the motors while working meaning I can tune motors a little more aggresive if I like.
    Counter weight it is then....
    Neil...

Build log...here

Used the Router for the first time since going vertical and it's soooooooooo much easier ....no bending over the sides (kneeling for me as I had it on the floor!) to load the work. Just need to make a dust shoe ASAP and cyclone to stop the chips from flying everywhere....it fair flings the plastic chips (and the static little buggers cling to everywhere!!!) around
    Neil...

Build log...here

And the all important vid is!!!
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Just watch your head.!! . . . . Got nasty habbit of twating you if not careful.!! . .

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    And the all important vid is!!!
    Your wish is my command.....
    Last edited by njhussey; 29-07-2016 at 03:41 PM.
    Neil...

Build log...here

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to njhussey For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Just watch your head.!! . . . . Got nasty habbit of twating you if not careful.!! . .
    Got a lump forming as we speak on the back of my head already.....
    Neil...

Build log...here

Looking great Neil. At one point it looked lie you'd created a plastic fountain :-). Hope your head gets better soon.

Page 77 of 82 FirstFirst ... 27677576777879 ... LastLast

Thread Information