. .
Page 63 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
    Just putting the other related in and looking at the wiring....ive underestimated the number of 24v connections I need...having to put some more on the DIN rail now.....

Just put the Z axis front back on to see where the limit points are to be...

Neil...

Build log...here

Running out of room!!!!!!!!!!!

Just managed to squeeze in a timer relay for cutting the power to the spindle (after the stop signal has been sent to the VFD!!) in the case if an E-stop.

Hope there's nothing else I need to fit in!!!

Neil...

Build log...here

It's alive...............:toot : well the Z axis anyway!!

Jogged it up and down and it moves, need to do the autotuning thingamy bob on the AM882 drivers for the current but it's working.....only took 5 bloody years

Neil...

Build log...here

4. The Following User Says Thank You to njhussey For This Useful Post:

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 14 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Well done Neal it's always nice when it moves the first time.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Clive S For This Useful Post:

Cheers Clive, got the Y axis moving now and did the flick of Jumper 4 on the AM882 driver thingy to tune the steppers, now they don't whistle....now for the X axis......
    Neil...

Build log...here

Oh, put an "OH SHITTTTTTT..." button on the router end where the pc is at the moment....want to be able to hit it if it all goes pear shaped, especially as I've no limit switches at the moment!!!

Neil...

Build log...here

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 14 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by njhussey View Post
    Oh, put an "OH SHITTTTTTT..." button on the router end where the pc is at the moment....want to be able to hit it if it all goes pear shaped, especially as I've no limit switches at the moment!!!
    Just wait until it's doing 15m/min down the table towards you
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Well all 3 axis are moving now, I need to check the alarm circuit and all settings on the drivers and in Mach as it trips and Estops after about 5 mins whether running or not....

Vid of all 3 axis running...

https://youtu.be/jkJ7Jk_S5d0

Tomorrow is wiring up the limit switches....and home switches...
    Neil...

Build log...here

Sounds very sweet too! Given that you are also running at around 70V it must be down to the digital AM882 stepper drivers ? - mine are DQ860MA on 1600 microsteps but still have a hint of roughness when running.

Bit worried about your 5 minute e-stop trip problem - something getting warm?
    Building a CNC machine to make a better one since 2010 . . .
    MK1 (1st photo), MK2, MK3, MK4

12. The Following User Says Thank You to routercnc For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by routercnc View Post

Sounds very sweet too! Given that you are also running at around 70V it must be down to the digital AM882 stepper drivers ? - mine are DQ860MA on 1600 microsteps but still have a hint of roughness when running.

Bit worried about your 5 minute e-stop trip problem - something getting warm?
    Cheers!! I'm not too sure what it is, could be I have the Nema34 drive configured wrong, could be an earth problem, could be my E-stop circuit....I'll try isolating one thing at a time tomorrow and see :)
    Last edited by njhussey; 08-07-2015 at 09:48 PM.
    Neil...

Build log...here

Page 63 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast

Thread Information