. .
Page 13 of 82 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
    Yes if you could please. I am looking at 2 leisure batteries 115ah each, 2 x 100w panels and a 20A charge controller. All in about £250.00
    Neil...

Build log...here

I've got two 92Ah 12V batteries that I'd consider selling. They're these ones:
    Enersys PowerSafe 12V92F - 12V 92Ah VRLA Battery £0.00 - Industrial Batteries - High Rate VRLA - Enersys V Range - Front Terminal FIAMM Batteries | C&D Technologies Batteries | YUASA Batteries | Enersys Batteries | Scooter Batteries | Lawnmower Batte
    I've barely used them, but had them a while. I've charged them every few months though to stop them degrading. No idea what they're worth..

For the solar panels you're best off looking on eBay. A few months ago I got four new certified 190W panels for £120 each, then another two the same for £100 each. They're now on the shed roof and grid tied with an inverter also from eBay.
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

That's where I was looking, on ebay. The batteries that I was looking at are these 2 X 12v NEW 110AH LOW HEIGHT LEISURE BATTERIES NEW | eBay, the panels are these ones 200W solar panels-2x100W 12V Photovoltaic PV Solar Panel Module 12V RV Boat | eBay and the charge controller is this one Biard 20 Amp Solar PV Panel Charge Controller - Protects Battery - LED Indicator | eBay

Not so sure I'll grid tie them but might look at an inverter to run some bits in the shed as I'm in rented accommodation now and don't want to pay for altering the electrics. If I do look at getting an inverter then I might get more batteries and solar panels as I'm only going to be in the shed for a couple of hours every evening (well only if SWMBO allows!) and on the weekends.

Certainly something to look into!
    Neil...

Build log...here

I heard back from my friend, he reckons you'll be doing well to get it all for £250 (at least if it's all new). The panels will probably go up in price quite a bit, he reckons you'll end up paying about £100 per 100W panel. Also don't forget that unless you can charge the heli batteries direct from the LA batteries you'll need an inverter a decent one of which will set you back a bit.

Yes I wasn't looking properly, the panels are about £100 each! I can connect the batteries in series to get 24V so I can charge my batteries (5000mAh 6 cell 22.2V ones) in parallel with my large charger.
    Neil...

Build log...here

Spent an hour in the shed last night (half of it in the dark working by the light of the street lamp ) and knocked up a workbench. I'd calculated the lengths exactly and as is always the way I was rushing and cut the wrong piece so one leg (was going to put a leg in the middle of the bench as 6' long) missing. Still it's enabled me to tidy some bits away for the moment which should allow me to bring more stuff back from the fiancé's parents garage! Just got to get my bum in gear and make some shelves, though I'm away this weekend taking the daughter to Uni for the first time.
    On another note I've just paid the import VAT and rip off fee (sorry clearance fee) for Parcelforce so should get my remaining linear rails on Monday. Just had the postie drop off some energy chain purchased on fleabay so components are building up! Best stop fannying around with my design and get buying some steel so I can cut and weld it to get on with the build!!
    I've added braces at either end now to make it nice and ridged, also will be good when I come to do the self levelling epoxy for the X axis rail beds!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Router Frame-2.jpg 
Views:	463 
Size:	341.9 KB 
ID:	10179
    I've tried to keep a fair bit of the gantry as straight cuts but have the end plates to get machined and a slot in the front plate for the Y axis ballnut mount to be machined.
    Question is.....do I get the square bits machined as well so the faces are flat and square or will the ends be ok as cut?
    Next question is....does anyone fancy doing some machining for me? I've got a nice piece of 20mm Ali (1000 x 800) sat on a pallet waiting to be cut up...
    Neil...

Build log...here

Quote Originally Posted by njhussey View Post
    Next question is....does anyone fancy doing some machining for me? I've got a nice piece of 20mm Ali (1000 x 800) sat on a pallet waiting to be cut up...
    Email me models or dxf's of what you want doing and I'll take a look. I'll PM you it.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Email me models or dxf's of what you want doing and I'll take a look. I'll PM you it.
    Same here ;)
    Or just post the drawings?
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

Going to draw it up in a meaningful package as its in Sketchup at the moment. Got SW so will have a play with that and do some proper drawings. Either that or just do them in CAD :)
    Neil...

Build log...here

1390mm long 20mm NSK linear rails came in at 8.30 this morning so I have all my rails now. Just need to inspect them but they're wrapped pretty well and the box isn't too mangled so I'm hoping they're straight still! Hoping Chai sends my ballscrews (1610 for X & Y and 1605 for Z) soon. Ordering steel today hopefully, just waiting on prices back...
    Neil...

Build log...here

Page 13 of 82 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread Information