Quote Originally Posted by njhussey View Post
Jazz, in your opinion would the router be better at a slight angle (15° in this case) or at 90°?
Yes defiantly have inclined just helps hold material better while fastening other than that there's no advantage.

Model looks nearly there. Don't think you'll need the tray that wide and If your not using coolant then wouldn't make it part the machine just use removable plastic bins which you then use to take chips to out in. My bins stick out from front of bed about 6-8" when cutting and I just slide them back a bit while loading material.

One thing you want to build into machine is a bump stop at the bottom where you park the machine when not using it. This takes the load off the ballnuts and belts.
My machine doesn't drop when stood without power to motors but only takes the slightest of push to make it drop. Only really required when leaving over night or several hours stood still and in normal use IE: between jobs etc I just park gantry at the top in the home position and it's fine.
I home the machine to top left corner when facing the machine. I have a park button on my screen and it goes to the bottom and rests against the end stops.
I don't use limits only home switches has I never normally get any where near them in normal use and rarely cock up bad enough to get near them these days so it's not a problem with tripping switches. If you where using limits then you'd have to build limit override into the parking routine which is easy enough.