. .
Page 2 of 82 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeD View Post
    Where did you obtain the power supply from at that price? HongKong?
    How did you guess?? Yep good old eBay...http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=180406610821

I must admit that after reading lots about the cheap Chinese rubbish around on other forums I was a bit hesitant but it has worked well the 4 or 5 times I've powered the controller and stepper up to test so far...As long as it gets me into the CNC hobby and lasts a little while I'll be happy. Got a list coming together for my second one already with much better kit on it...

Nah,you got swindled...bouht a 15amp job last week for the same price as yours,mind you it really only delivers 13 amps... unless my meter needs caliberating?
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/350W-24V-15A-S...t_Equipment_ET

oops! I got swindled you didn't pay any postage. lol

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeD View Post
    oops! I got swindled you didn't pay any postage. lol
    I did £8.19, total price was £21.29...I only need 4.5A so this is larger than my needs, I hope! :naughty: Hope yours comes better packed than mine, it was ratling about in the packing box, no damage tho luckily!!

That all in one driver board you have from china.... try and keep it down below 24volts any higher than 26v and you're as for pops bangs and whistles.

I read Irving2008's and others warnings about trying to put 36V through them. As I've only got 1.5A/winding Nema 23 steppers the PSU and controller should be ok!!
    Neil...

Build log...here

Well been far too busy last week at work (clearing up all the bits and problems that had accumulated after 2 weeks on holiday ) and out of work (been doing DIY :confused:) but today managed in my lunch 3/4 hr to do a little something on my skate-o-rail bearing.

The problem with only having 3/4 hr is that by the time I've set the lathe up (read cleaning everyone else's muck off it!) I've run out of time to do anything!! Will have to set aside a saturday morning for a more serious production run! Anyway all I managed to do was cut 2 off 10mm sq steel axle supports, drill a 6mm hole in them and turn a rough (and I mean rough as the tool needed sharpening) axle.

Pics are attached. Ends need drilling and tapping yet and another 2 off units and the end plates making...still it's further forward that I was!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0141.jpg 
Views:	577 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	2831   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0138.jpg 
Views:	578 
Size:	158.7 KB 
ID:	2830   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0140.jpg 
Views:	557 
Size:	140.1 KB 
ID:	2829   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0139.jpg 
Views:	683 
Size:	151.3 KB 
ID:	2828  
    Last edited by Lee Roberts; 23-08-2010 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Cleaned up the image locations.
    Neil...

Build log...here

Hmm! can't quite make out whether these will cause friction,the washers at the outside of the bearing will rub against the rubber housing and cause some degree of friction.

Personally the washers shouldbe the size of the middle outer bore with at least a 2mm gap between support and bearing.

Like this.....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0141 copy.jpg 
Views:	1090 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	2833

Hi mate, I think ideally you should look at re doing the axle stud, only this time start with larger stock and turn it down leaving a nice set of shoulders for the bearing inner race’s to home to. (Sleeves with shoulders)

The rubber shields on the bearings will turn but its not ideal and they could end up jamming.
    .Me

I'm also guessing that those bearings are 8 to 9mm wide? if so that spigots bearing spindle is far too wide and will cause the bearing to side travel.

Page 2 of 82 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread Information