. .
Page 78 of 82 FirstFirst ... 28687677787980 ... LastLast
    Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 10 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by njhussey View Post
    Got a lump forming as we speak on the back of my head already.....
    How about a sensor on your head connected to the osh22t button Nice to see it in action though.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    How about a sensor on your head connected to the osh22t button Nice to see it in action though.
    No because as soon as the oshiiiiiiiiiiiit button is pressed the gantry drops....... However........I do have my foam kneeling pad which I don't use anymore now it's vertical....I could put a couple of cable ties through the handles to loop under my ears to keep it strapped over my head!!!!
    Neil...

Build log...here

Nice vid Neil - lovely chip stream towards the end there.

BTW - would demi-jon bungs do for rubber stops or not man enough for the job - just a thought as the type for the airlock come pre-drilled iirc.

Quote Originally Posted by Washout View Post
    Nice vid Neil - lovely chip stream towards the end there.

BTW - would demi-jon bungs do for rubber stops or not man enough for the job - just a thought as the type for the airlock come pre-drilled iirc.
    Cheers Chris, the chips were fair flying out...I was finding them at least 3m away from the machine. Got to put sides on the machine and box it in to contain them all. Lots of little jobs still to do on it but I'm getting there... slowly!

They'd be good, not sure they're long enough. Will measure the length I need when I'm back off hols in a couple of weeks
    Neil...

Build log...here

Solved bumping my head on the gantry.....

Neil...

Build log...here

A few ramblings about my router filmed today after sorting out the spindle cooling before I could cut some rc plane kits....sorry for the rambling and shakey phone camera work....
    https://youtu.be/SPHnN4j7LV8
    Last edited by njhussey; 31-07-2016 at 05:13 PM.
    Neil...

Build log...here

7. The Following User Says Thank You to njhussey For This Useful Post:

Just like to say after using the router vertically for a few weeks that it's the best thing I've done to the machine, it's so much easier working on it....no bending over the rails to load work, no twisting to get at the collet to change the bits. If the bits are smaller than the collet then you don't have to hold them in whilst tightening...the bits fall out of the work so you're not re-cutting them.....only seeing positives at the moment

List of things to do next is...:

1. Home & Limit switches!!!!!!!
    2. Dust/chip extraction (was cutting 12mm MDF letters and it goes everywhere!!!) is a must!!!
    3. Enclosure round the machine to stop dust/chips.
    4. Cooling Fans/filters in the control panel
    5. Cooling radiators for the coolant
    6. Finish off the control panel wiring.
    Neil...

Build log...here

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 10 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Neil I don't know how you can work without homing switches the rest of it is fair game Ah you missed off 7. counter weight!
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    Neil I don't know how you can work without homing switches
    Clive.....very carefully

the rest of it is fair game Ah you missed off 7. counter weight!
    I stopped at number 6 as I was finding more and more to do.....6 is enough for now
    Neil...

Build log...here

Quote Originally Posted by njhussey View Post

2. Dust/chip extraction (was cutting 12mm MDF letters and it goes everywhere!!!) is a must!!!
    Hi Neil, sounding really good, BUT, please please please do not cut MDF or exotic woods without a good amount of extraction and/or a damn good breathing mask ( I am only assuming you don't wear a mask of course )

My reason for butting in here is that my father died a few years back following a long painful lung condition brought on by his love of making things out of MDF and exotic woodturning in the shed. He did have the dust extract that had bags on it but he still came out sometimes looking like a snowman!

Wood dust is nasty stuff.

It made me change my views on carefree metalwork as well, I spent a lot on serious extract for the plasma table, i've stopped powder-coating now, I have stopped turning cast iron on the lathe due to the dust and so on, it focuses the mind a bit.....

Dave

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Davek0974 For This Useful Post:

Page 78 of 82 FirstFirst ... 28687677787980 ... LastLast

Thread Information