. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    One extra bit of info that might scupper the Waterjet and very possibly, slightly key to it functioning well........ we don't have a water supply to the premises we work out of.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    An thoughts on what makes or models for what might suit the job? Like I said, the Vision 1624 I was looking at or similar but would prefer to pay less and buy a second one if things go well.
    You don't buy an abrasive water jet cutter, you rent time on it.

If you still think a rotary cutter is a possibility, get someone to try cutting your material first and see if you can live with the result :heehee:

I have had samples cut on the model I mentioned and they look good and worked well to my untrained eye. I didn't see the process take place though so there might have been faulty ones before it. Renting time sounds a little inconvenient for what we need with sampling and quick turnaround etc.

Hi Andrew,

Not sure on the shapes you are thinking of, but wondered if it would be possible to use a press and stamp them out. You need to make the tool, or have it made, but then you could make parts fairly quickly and at a reasonable volume. For low volume though this might not be cost effective.
    Building a CNC machine to make a better one since 2010 . . .
    MK1 (1st photo), MK2, MK3, MK4

5. The Following User Says Thank You to routercnc For This Useful Post:

There would be various shapes and quantities and changing all the time. We brand various merchandise for lots of different customers so we could be doing a small company logo for a fridge magnet to a football player shape or even just clock faces branded up. I would think a tool press to not be cost effective for quite a few of the runs but as I have previously said.... I am new to all this so don't know the best options. I could have a run for 20 8" clock faces then straight after 1000 shaped fridge magnets.

Is this type of machine okay or cheap rubbish? http://www.prototools.co.uk/Heiz_S72...r_p_18502.html Would it cut .5mm alu or not the right type of thing?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information