. .
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    That's what I did; but after removing the two screws from the black ball screw block, it wasn't budging. Methinks there is another screw or two elsewhere.
    I'll chuck a few photos up tonight, should I not have any joy.

Ta,
    Dan

Lives in Cardiff, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 25-10-2022 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 699. Received thanks 29 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    it will be dowelled to the slide, so it may take a bit of jiggling to pull off.

OK, I'm struggling somewhat... :cry:
    I managed to remove the ball screw nut, however I can not for the life of me remove the recirculation tube by sensible means. I've tried several modest methods, but I really don't want to be too heavy handed and damage it further.

Anyone any tips to get the tube off?

I'm starting to feel hopeful it can be fixed now; it's just this damn tube is (hopefully) the last hurdle...

Cheers,
    Dan

Lives in Cardiff, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 25-10-2022 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 699. Received thanks 29 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    the tube will be pressed in, but you must be careful not to dent it or the passage of balls will stop. On the larger nuts the tube is clamped in place and is easy to remove. Good luck.

are any of the balls miss shaped.

just thought i'd give you an incentive to repair this ballscrew, a new one is £166.92 + vat and delivery.

Cheers i2i;
    No misshaped balls; all perfect.

Just can't get this bloody tube out!!

be gentle with it.

one important thing, everything must be spotless when reassembling the nut.

:confused:
    :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

The recirculation tube cracked in two with gentle tapping...

Does anyone have a replacement for sale? Or know where to buy a suitable one from?
    I *think* the thread was 10TPI...

Boxford spares have a replacement ballscrew and nut. But I'm not going to even mention the price.
    Anyone who can help; I'll pay good £££ too. I want the machine back up and running asap!

Cheers,
    Dan

Hi Dan,

Sorry to hear of your tale of woe. I was about to give some encouragement by telling you about a similar thing which happened to me when the balls dropped out of my Z axis profile bearing when it moved past the end of the rail during assembly (!). I can sympathise with the tap-tap-tap sound followed by crapping yourself. Anyway, they were actual fairly easy to get back in on the linear bearing.

This may not help, but my ballnuts (of different design, but perhaps could be made to work?) were around £55 from MotionControlProducts.
    Building a CNC machine to make a better one since 2010 . . .
    MK1 (1st photo), MK2, MK3, MK4

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information