. .
    Hello to all

I am a total newcomer to the Mach 3 and Lazycam programs, currently I have linked my router to Mach 3 and carried out a few trials. I found that I ned to be able to prevent a judder by stopping the gantree from overrunning the end points of the platform - have zeroed the software, but would like to know if there is a way of saving a configuration with the zero position and maximum limits for the machine held in it so they dont have to be put in each time.

Another question is that I have tried to use Lazycan to creat initial G-code, e.g. by typing a name then clicking the post g-code option, however when run in mach3 the gantree only seems to traceout a single letter (if that) what could I be doing wrong.

Any help appreciated :confused:

I have posted a small video on Yourtube of the current setup please let me know wta you think

Thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ya-089sPfEA

isn't thatwhat limit switches are for? do you have any on the CNC?

Are you using a fully licenced version of Mach?

If not you are limited to, I think 500 lines of code.

You can set up soft limits in Mach were you tell Mach the max travel for each axis, which will stop over travel without the need for limit switches.

andy

Thanks GeorgeD - No there are no limit switches on my CNC.

Thanks Audioandy the version of Mach3 is not a fully licenced version, however the run doesnt event get as far as 100 lines of code. Thanks for confirming the availability of software limits - I shall have to do a bit of digging to see where in the software they are set.

Thanks

Ken

Your best bet is hardware shutdown rather than software,simply because if the computer crashes fo some reason?...well it goes without saying. :whistling:

Hi Ken

Look under Config Homing/limits

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by audioandy View Post
    Hi Ken

Look under Config Homing/limits

Andy
    Thanks I will set the homining limits, and then see if I can set up some mechanical limits as well.

Thanks for the help

KEN

Ken,
    Soft limits work from the tool zero point so so you have your zero located in the centre of the work which we will say is 100mm square but you can go 150mm in any direction before you run out of travel.

So set your work zero's at the centre, then go to Config > Homing and Limits and set the soft max in X and Y to 120 and min to minus 120, click OK and go back to the main screen and click on soft limits which is just below the DRO's to the right.

This now means it can only go 120mm in any direction before it stops on it's own.

One drawback with soft limits is that it's from work zero, move the origin point and you have to reset the limits.

John S -

Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    Ken,
    Soft limits work from the tool zero point so so you have your zero located in the centre of the work which we will say is 100mm square but you can go 150mm in any direction before you run out of travel.

So set your work zero's at the centre, then go to Config > Homing and Limits and set the soft max in X and Y to 120 and min to minus 120, click OK and go back to the main screen and click on soft limits which is just below the DRO's to the right.

This now means it can only go 120mm in any direction before it stops on it's own.

One drawback with soft limits is that it's from work zero, move the origin point and you have to reset the limits.

Thanks John S I will have a play, I see the problem with having to reset when origin moves, but until I work out how to includ the mechanical stops its deffinatley a big step forward.

Cheers

ken

Thread Information