. .
    Hello everyone. My name is Konstant and I'm trying to get into the CNC side of machining.
    I just completed 2 years at college doing, NVQ2 with welding (MIG and TIG), manual machining on lathes and milling machines and a BTEC certificate which contains theory subjects related to mechanical engineering.(fluid mechanics, mechanical principles that kind of thing) I also did a C&G 2800 Level 3 certificate with milling,turning and fitting.

My initial goal was to go to university and obtain a degree but I had a opportunity to do the practical courses along with the theory so I did both.
    I got distinction in my theory but my heart is in the machining and I want to go that route.
    I have been looking for jobs and there are so many CNC milling and turning jobs around here it's sickening. They however all want lots of experience. Having only the manual experience I'm finding it hard obviously.

Ideally if I can find a company willing to take someone highly motivated on with manual experience and train them it would be perfect. I however know I might struggle finding this kind of opportunity. I just need to get my foot in the door you know.

I'm willing to do whatever it takes to get training and experience. There is no lack in motivation or dedication here. Any advice or contacts anyone has would be much appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

2. Hi Konstant, and welcome to the site. Don't know if we can help on the job front, but you never know who might be looking in. Good luck anyhow...

Thank you. I thought someone on here is bound to have links to industry and I might get lucky. It's a great place to learn and you can never have enough info.

Hello Southampton

Has the boat come in yet,Konstant.

Ha the weather is so bad here I'm not sure if I would see a cruise ship going past my flat. I'm trying to approach this search for a company from all angles. I'm not having much response sofar but somewhere people get training and start this career.

Thread Information