. .
    Location unknown. Last Activity: 23-12-2012 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 10.
    Just wanted to shout out. I'd previously posted a couple of questions relating to specific machines, and was very grateful for the replies. Thanks!

Today I took delivery of my Heiz machine! You have no idea how much of a kid this has turned me into!! Got it up and working (went down the Mach3 route rather than the proprietary...) and have tested with some simple cuts and faces into wood.

As previously mentioned, I'm looking at making custom front panels and basic pcb's amongst other things. Onwards and upwards! Standby for some questions!

Location unknown. Last Activity: 18-09-2012 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 8.
    Which one did you get? I have a High-Z S-1000.

Cab

Location unknown. Last Activity: 23-12-2012 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 10.
    Same unit S-1000. I figured it's not going to get used enough to warrant the extra for the T model. Currently running it veeeeery slow whilst I get used to it. Soft limits are the way!! Just got my licence through for Mach3, and my V-Carve Pro turned up today. Only problem is I'm away for the weekend working. Damn. Gonna be a long bank holiday... I need to play! Plus, it needs to start earning it's keep!!! Will get some pictures up when it makes it's first paying piece!

Just by way of an update, I've got the first decent pieces out of my machine this week. Two 19" rack panels for a client, picture below (hopefully!). Buggered up a couple of bits and a panel trying to get the feed\speed right and did a little bit of inadvertent welding whilst I figured out how to cool the workpiece\tip effectively. The head in the lower panel needs infilling, but the rest I'm leaving virgin. Not perfect I know, but I'm very happy! Onwards and upwards!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	copy of CIMG1708.JPG 
Views:	534 
Size:	122.1 KB 
ID:	3111  
    Last edited by scjb; 19-09-2010 at 10:43 PM.

Thread Information