... take a look at this thread on the VAGDrivers (thats Volkswagens, Audi, Skoda, Seat, etc for the uninitiated). This guy (in Ireland) is a definitive 'don't buy it if you can make it' nut and that includes
- making his own inlet ducts,
- stainless steel exhaust,
- casting his own throttle bodies (if I read it right, his 4 cylinder modified Golf engine will have a throttle body per cylinder),
- remachining Ferrari pistons to fit,
- a hotwire cutter to cut foam for casting various parts
- a hot metal centrifugal casting rig for making accurate high speed pulleys,
That was an excellent read, so much info, so many tips and tricks. A good few laughs too :)
ty for sharing.
Irving i hate you, i was supposed to have an early night but had to get to the end.......................The guy should have gone to spec savers and built a cnc machine from the start?
But he is a bloody genius and full of enthusiasm or what..If the nagging gets really bad......Get a bigger shed:naughty:
And there goes my Sunday night!
Who needs a mill when you've got a router?
By Neale in forum General ElectronicsReplies: 0Last Post: 11-06-2014, 11:17 AM
By dsc in forum Linear & Rotary MotionReplies: 2Last Post: 31-10-2012, 01:29 PM
By Rogue in forum General DiscussionReplies: 5Last Post: 20-09-2011, 10:05 PM
By swarfy in forum Metalwork Project ShowcaseReplies: 0Last Post: 18-12-2010, 05:17 PM
By mike techserv in forum DIY Plasma Build LogsReplies: 0Last Post: 23-04-2009, 09:15 AM