. .
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    John,

I have checked the following;

Motors rotate, using pliers, freely when no power. They lock when powered. Nothing when PC on, as in no noise from the motors at all and no LED's on the controller.

Wonder if it is some kind of charge pump problem. This is a safety feature and needs to be either configured in the pins, or overriden on the board directly (to bypass).

On my system this is pin 1 (port1). In the ports and pins menu, if you scroll down one of them lists the charge pump. In this table you need to add the pin and port required.

As John has mentioned, if you know the pins required for this controller it would help with setting it up. Could you take the lid off and tell us the make of the parts inside? They are possibly off the shelf bits and will have pin outs listed.
    Building a CNC machine to make a better one since 2010 . . .
    MK1 (1st photo), MK2, MK3, MK4

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00466-20100907-1016.jpg 
Views:	292 
Size:	289.8 KB 
ID:	2950Hope this helps.

Location unknown. Last Activity: 08-02-2014 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 157. Received thanks 5 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Oo, looks like one of those TB6560 boards from ebay, better wait until someone can confirm this, but meanwhile...
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/3-Axis-CNC-Ste...item2a09a9f81c

you can find the set up document about 2/3 down the page, it's written for Mach3 :)

I've got one of those TB6560 boards, attached is the user manual for it=> Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TB6560_3Axis_Driver.pdf 
Views:	1844 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	2951 Hope this helps...it enabled me to set up mine which worked first time I powered it up...
    Neil...

Build log...here

Gents,

Thanks for your comments/advise. You may notice that the board is actually a 4 axis not 3 therefore i'm not sure how that would affect the settings suggested.

Ahhh just looked more carefully...there is a thread http://www.mycncuk.com/forums/showth...-Driver-Boards started on here, may help?
    Neil...

Build log...here

Location unknown. Last Activity: 08-02-2014 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 157. Received thanks 5 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    A-ha. So here is the 3 axis ebay listing, link to manual down the page...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/3-Axis-CNC-Ste...item2a09a9f81c

also...

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_t...All-Categories

Following the instructions as per NJ's link I have movement in the Y axis only and only in 1 direction no matter which key is pressed. Any suggestions on how I can get it to move in the + direction?

A good start.

Thanks to all for the help so far.

Sounds like you've got the 'step' set to the right one in Mach3 for the Y axis, but not the direction pin...try changing it.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information