Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
Been thinking about how I can clamp stuff to the bed to machine it. It would be nice to have T slots like on my milling machine since then I could use the same clamps and easily put the vice/rotary table etc on it. I do have some HSS T slot cutters however I think cutting MDF will destroy them.
My plan is to buy two sheets of 18mm MDF. Glue/screw one down to the bed, get the router to cut the wider part of the T in that and level it, then put another sheet of MDF on top of that and cut the top of the T slot. That way I can use standard router bits...My only worry is if MDF is going to be strong enough?
Sorry but you are gonna be wasting your time using MDF and an accident in the making for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Wobblybootie View Post
giving the MDF a few coats of thin epoxy should provide some strength ... thin enough to soak in at first but not too much otherwise the MDF will swell an alternative could be the single T slot strips from Axminster or Rutlands etc. secure them to the lower panel and infill the spaces with the upper panel ...
More bad advice The only thing MDF should be used for is a spoil board

Phil