. .
  1. Having bought a new TV a few months back and suffered SWMBO complaining about the wires and the set top box balanced on a variety of whatever was to hand at the time I though it would be a good idea to get a wall mount. Suffice to say a lot of perusing of catalogs etc. failed to find something that would do the job but was unobtrusive, i.e. invisible... why do manufacturers of such items seem to think you want lots of bits of chrome and glass far bigger than the box that sits on it? And the only one I found that did the job was over £100!!!

So looked around my stock room (actually a large cardboard box at the back of the garage) and constructed a simple wall mount. Sadly I forgot to take pics while I was making it, but the only tricky bit was drilling the tapped holes at 14 degrees in the backplates to take the angled arms. Its completely invisible in normal use and look like the boxes are 'floating'...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1912.JPG 
Views:	389 
Size:	41.6 KB 
ID:	3050   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1907.JPG 
Views:	372 
Size:	42.7 KB 
ID:	3051  

Nice bit of work there Irving! Did you incorporate wiring clips or similar in the design?

I've always thought it is a shame that the TVs are now fairly vertically flat but all the digiboxes, HDD recorders, etc are still horizontal. I had contemplated putting the HDD recorder gubbins in the coffee table and running cables under the floor, but didn't get approval on that one . . .

Maybe B&O do something vertical but suspect it would not be cheap.
    Building a CNC machine to make a better one since 2010 . . .
    MK1 (1st photo), MK2, MK3, MK4

3. Took a very simple option... the top fixing screw you can't see cos it behind the TV has a large openable P-clip on it... all the cables are wrapped in the spirally stuff and clipped into the p-clip and go up behind the TV where they are held on a hook made from a coathanger :)

Thread Information