. .
  1. Has anyone else been 'caught' by the small print in their advert about adding VAT at 17.5% and then after paying by PayPal getting a separate PayPal request for the VAT?

Happened to me today until I pointed out that HMRC have strict rules about showing VAT on the invoice at point of sale... at which point they agreed to 'waive' the VAT charge blaming eBay rules (also not true).

Hmmmm....

2. Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    Yup...I sent 2 unanswered emails and then left bad feedback...Withdrawn upon being refunded....Check the guy calling him "bad seller...bad bad seller" it's a buyers site now for sure after the recent rule changes :yes: You can't be left bad feedback at all as a buyer...Even if you don't pay Oh and it can't be withdrawn either!
    I called them, eventually found a number, and spoke to Kevin Marchant directly. He subsequently emailed me to confirm the waiver and to confirm items were shipped. So I can't fault that. But to blame eBay rules... I know eBay have said that prices must reflect the end price to the customer with no hidden charges but thats just common sense as the vast majority of buyers are private individuals and won't be reclaiming VAT.

I've been dealing with kevin for quit sometime and know he charges VAT -even on postage at times....leave him to it .....he's only cutting his own throat ...... support lee !;)

4. If you are selling on ebay and you are VAT registered you should include it in the price, adding it later will only piss the customer off.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    If you are selling on ebay and you are VAT registered you should include it in the price, adding it later will only piss the customer off.

For sure ;-)

Thread Information