. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Lives in west midlands, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 09-01-2012 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 10.
    Hi
    i have upgraded my drivers to Zapps 752 5.2A drivers in the control box (Gary has been amazing & the service is FAST) as with anything i do i do every thing over the top instead of gradually do things bit by bit i find myself getting ahead of myself but i am currently stuck with the new drivers as i dint under stand where the -5v signals i know from the diagram on page 7 http://www.slidesandballscrews.com/p...uals/PM752.pdf

the pulse+ & dir + take the 5v+ but i don't know where the 5v- goes to, i am currently using a routout cnc break out board http://www.routoutcnc.com/25WayD.pdf from my old system i was told it goes to this but this doesn't
    make sense i was hoping there was someone on this forum could point me in the right direction
    thanks guys
    Last edited by irving2008; 19-09-2010 at 12:53 AM. Reason: moved from New Members

Take just the X axis as an example.
    The pulse + will go to pin 2, the direction + will go to pin3 and both pulse- and direction - will go to the ground terminal at the top of the board in the routout pdf file.

Rest of the axis are different pins but all the minus go to the same ground(s)
    John S -

3. The Following User Says Thank You to John S For This Useful Post:

Hi Mike,

If you would like it in black and white AND colour click here: http://www.axiscnc.com/pdfdocs/wiring.pdf

Welcome and good luck!

.Me

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Lee Roberts For This Useful Post:

Lives in west midlands, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 09-01-2012 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 10.
    hi guys
    thanks you are gents thanks for taking the time to help!
    just to throw a spanner in the works (sorry) i wanted to use a 2.5A routout cnc board http://www.routoutcnc.com/2-5ampdriver.pdf for the Z axis is this possible on the same BOB due to the -5v going to it from the Pulse & dir?

i will give you some background on the system & of the electronics i have to see if i am getting the best use from them
    i have
    x2 50v 10 psu (ebay but same as zapps)
    x1 24v 7A psu
    x1 27-10A psu
    x2 752 drivers (zapp)
    x3 routout drivers & main board
    x2 nema 23 3nm motors (zapp)
    x1 nema 32 3.3nm motor ( zapp)
    x1 nema 23 1.8NM motor (motoin control)
    x1 nema 42 12nm motor bipoler parr (total motion systems)
    1x nema 23 mae 1.6A
    x3 nema 23 vexta 2 phase 2A stepper motor
    x1 8A unipoler 3 axis board & another single 2.A bipoler board

like many people i started buying things for my futuer router without knowing what i needed i ended up with a mix & mach of the wrong stuff classic mistake i now know! i only wish i had you guys to guide me in the first place. Its now over 1 year on with very little time on my hands i have settled on the x3 zapp motors x2 zapp drivers & the routout board on the Z but with the Z motor in sereis
    im useing x1 of the 50V psu for the X & Y axis & the 24V for the rout out board
    i have also got a 4th axis i want to use with a rout out board
    eventually i want another 2 zapp drivers for the Z & 4th axis & use the other 50V psu for the Z & 4th axis but i have to make do for now
    my router it is 800x600x200
    it has 600mm thk railson the Y 400 thk rails on the Z & fully supported rails on the X
    also has 16mm ballscrews on each axis & t nut table
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	04092010076.jpg 
Views:	986 
Size:	163.1 KB 
ID:	3135

regards to the electronics side of it am i doing it right with what i have got? or would you guys do it another way? please dont hold back i can take constructive critisisim, the builld has been fun untill now when i get stuck
    thanks for your time

kind regard

hi Lee
    in you link you kindly provided with regards to the wiring ,the fuses going from the drivers, are 5A OK or should the be lower? also how are the 2 PSU connected together?
    thanks again

Hi Mike,

The PSU’s are wired in Parallel, the earth going from the PSU’s (green) to each driver housing is done with a star arrangement.

Do not daisy-chain the fuses back to the PSU; wire them individually as per the diagram.

Fuses are rated at the current they will carry without blowing, which should typically be 25% higher than the highest current you expect to encounter. Generally wire should be rated 50% higher than the expected maximum so that the fuse becomes the weak point.

Also for high frequencies and for systems where there are fast transients (like a stepper driver) stranded wire is better as high frequencies travel in the outer skin only, so more strands gives a better result (more surface area).

Lee
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wiring.jpg 
Views:	262 
Size:	12.4 KB 
ID:	3136  
    .Me

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Lee Roberts For This Useful Post:

hi lee
    thanks for that one last thing on my previouse post regarding wiring up my system can you have a look & tell me if i have got it correct?
    thank you

Sorry, in regards to what mike?
    .Me

hi
    the instrunctions on garys site for the 752 driver there is a enable terminal but your diagram hasnt got it in also it says you should use resisters? does it matter if you secure the step & dir to the + or - does this make a difference?
    i am a little confused please help!!

I don’t really know the answer; however I have sent Gary a message asking him to help you.

It does say "Usually left UNCONNECTED (ENABLED)." so I would go with that for now.

Lee
    .Me

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Lee Roberts For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information