. .
    "Could you just fix the leak under the sink?"

It's the "just" bit that is so annoying. The problem is a platic pipe fitting with 2 tiny holes in it. It's on the boiling water tap so it probably didn't like the temperature.

I can remake it in brass but WTF is the thread

It's the same diameter as a 1/4" BSP but near as I can measure 22tpi.

If it isn't BSP of NPT or Threadform or 14mm ISO, WTF is it?

Anyone got a clue 'cause I haven't :whistling:

Tricky to tell from here without seeing / measuring, but I would have thought it was a BSP thread?

"It's the same diameter as a 1/4 BSP" - just one piece of advice (apologies if I'm teaching granny to suck eggs!) but 1/4"BSP, when measured, will measure closer to 1/2" - pipe fittings are different from standard screw threads in that regard, and it does confuse people.

It isn't those quick-fit fittings for flexible pipe by chance (used in some radiator circuits, and similar in apperance to plastic airlines)? Pictures would be useful if you can get some.

Lives in Cardiff, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 25-10-2022 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 699. Received thanks 29 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by AdieR View Post
    just one piece of advice (apologies if I'm teaching granny to suck eggs!) but 1/4"BSP, when measured, will measure closer to 1/2" - pipe fittings are different from standard screw threads in that regard, and it does confuse people.

I'm sure he's aware of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robin Hewitt View Post
    "Could you just fix the leak under the sink?"

If it isn't BSP of NPT or Threadform or 14mm ISO, WTF is it?

:whistling:
    The 14mm iso bit gives it away

Quote Originally Posted by AdieR View Post
    It isn't those quick-fit fittings for flexible pipe by chance (used in some radiator circuits, and similar in apperance to plastic airlines)? Pictures would be useful if you can get some.
    Panic over, persuaded the olive to come off so all is revealed. Nut bent, new part coming, found it had a 5 year warranty, got it for free

It's the plastic outlet fitting on the Franke 'Little Butler' tea making tap. I stuffed a silicone rubber tube on one end, finger over the other, immersed it and blew. Two tiny streams of bubbles, presumably on the opposite side to the plastic injection gate, looks like the weld line couldn't take the heat :naughty:

Thread Information