. .

Thread: ISEL Ball nut

1. Hi Some time ago, upto 5 years when i first started by build i bought a set of ball screws and nuts from a company in devon as what was in stock it is a 16 x 4mm ballscrew with an ISEL ball but, great everything wen well and i have since been chcking out swarf.
    Today however the connector to my limit switches fell out and i atempted to drive the spindle about a foot past x limit ............OUCH!!!..........and........ ~@**!!........ i split the nut, now who can supply a new or second habd nut to fit an odd size ball screw................oh wow is me, next time i will lock the connector in

Roger

Lives in Cardiff, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 25-10-2022 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 699. Received thanks 29 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    16 x 4mm isn't out of the ordinary, but you may find it better to replace the whole screw assembly rather than try to get a nut to suit an existing screw. You could then go to the more usual 16 x 5mm

I think Marchant Dice were selling Isel nuts a while ago.
    John S -

Looks like he already bought from a Devonshire company already an would rather buy somewhere else?
    If the nagging gets really bad......Get a bigger shed:naughty:

Yea, "ISEL" and "devon" sounds like Dice to me. Question is do they have that size still !
    .Me

Hang on, he says "He split the nut "? I thought Isel nuts were split anyway ?
    The ones on my Isel router are and they are original and made this way for adjustment
    John S -

Location unknown. Last Activity: 08-02-2014 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 157. Received thanks 5 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    They certainly look split.
    Here's a place in the Netherlands that sell them
    http://www.damencnc.com/damencnc.php...d=EN&idType=19

8. Hi Guys thanks for all the replys, yeah thats right lee it is dicy, sooner go elsewhere, last time i placed an order there i wated months and no goods.
    Yes john s i have split the nut, i split the end off throught the ring where the dust seal sits, but i have clamped it back into the housing using a pinch bolt on one of the grooves in outer body, workuing for now, so i will save my money.
    Hi i2i yes this is a concern, matching up nuts to ballscrews, a slight tolerance could be the diferance between working or not, to be honist i think swoping out the whole screw and nut in one go would be preferable, but then on the other hand ballnuts always come loose with a ball retainer inserted inside, and i cannot believe the supplyer test fits each but on your screw beforesellinf so there should not be a problem.....one hopes.
    Hi ecat thanks for the link i will give them a shout

Anyway my fault for fitting too high power motors, if i had of left the smaller obsolete moters fitted then they would have simply stalled.

Moral here is to fit a small link in socket that will act on ES circuit should the plug fall out

Roger

9. Roger,

Moral is that you just proved why limit switches should be NC contacts, so when the cable falls out it breaks the circuit (effectively hitting the 'limit') and you don't find out until after the event!

10. Oh well nobodys perfect!!

Thread Information